Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thats the importance of this match. If Nole wins again, the momentum tips hugely in his favor for the rest of the year and may give him free reign all the way through the year with the mental edge over Nadal enabling Djokovic to win at least 3 slams this year.

If Nadal wins that moves himself within 2 from Fed and he probably be within one after the French and a 1-2 more years to catch him. And gives him the double career slam (something Fed couldnt manage)

This match is of HUGE importance

·
Registered
27,190 Posts
Agreed completely, it's potentially another 5 hour window of Xisca watch.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Thats the importance of this match. If Nole wins again, the momentum tips hugely in his favor for the rest of the year and may give him free reign all the way through the year with the mental edge over Nadal enabling Djokovic to win at least 3 slams this year.

If Nadal wins that moves himself within 2 from Fed and he probably be within one after the French and a 1-2 more years to catch him. And gives him the double career slam (something Fed couldnt manage)

Still Sampras is the goat, no?

I mean he won 14 slams when the second barely got 8..and he even retired 4-5 years earlier than Agassi.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

Agree completely.

I think this is the most high stakes GS final since AO 2017.

And as I wrote elsewhere, the most highstakes Djokal final since when? Maybe ever. Hey, hasn't Nadal won the last two or three? GS finals against Djok? RG 2014, 2013, USO 2013 Am I missing something? YOu have to go back 2012 AO, and my god that close. here.
And the Nadal fans are so terrified. LOL

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still Sampras is the goat, no?

I mean he won 14 slams when the second barely got 8..and he even retired 4-5 years earlier than Agassi.
Sampras has an argument of course. Different time, different situation. But "by the numbers" Nadal/Nole are already greater.. But we can't really compare anything about today to the 1990s.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
Oh man, you deserve better than her.
Yes, she may be the average "nice" looking Mediterranean chick, but tons of nicer and smarter girls are living in Spain or even the Balearic islands.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sampras has an argument of course. Different time, different situation. But "by the numbers" Nadal/Nole are already greater.. But we can't really compare anything about today to the 1990s.
One thing i've learned in modern tennis is that it's gotta be quality over quantity. Level of competition is a big factor. I'd put Djokovic ahead of Federer now. I believe that Nadal has never been beaten in straights in a slam final before until now. Nadal is still very much in the conversation, with his slam count and winning slam head to heads over Djokovic and Federer.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
One thing i've learned in modern tennis is that it's gotta be quality over quantity. Level of competition is a big factor. I'd put Djokovic ahead of Federer now. I believe that Nadal has never been beaten in straights in a slam final before until now. Nadal is still very much in the conversation, with his slam count and winning slam head to heads over Djokovic and Federer.
Can now ignore this post/er.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can now ignore this post/er.
Truth hurt? Federer's slam record (most amassed in 04-07 against a bunch of 1-2 slam winners) or Djokovic, mostly up against Nadal or Federer, or Nadal who has winning slam h2hs against Djokovic and Federer. Nadal's 17 weigh more than Federer's 20. You could arguably make the same case for Djokovic's 15 now.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Truth hurt? Federer's slam record (most amassed in 04-07 against a bunch of 1-2 slam winners) or Djokovic, mostly up against Nadal or Federer, or Nadal who has winning slam h2hs against Djokovic and Federer. Nadal's 17 weigh more than Federer's 20. You could arguably make the same case for Djokovic's 15 now.
Federer is greater than Nadal at 4/5 of the biggest tournaments in tennis. And before you say weak era he's still greater in 3/5 of them if you only count those he won after Nadal won his first at each of those tournaments. How can Nadal be greater if he only leads at one of the biggest tournaments?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Federer is greater than Nadal at 4/5 of the biggest tournaments in tennis. And before you say weak era he's still greater in 3/5 of them if you only count those he won after Nadal won his first at each of those tournaments. How can Nadal be greater if he only leads at one of the biggest tournaments?
Was beaten at AO and Wimbledon by Nadal when both were in their 20s, both playing well. Is he greater than Nadal at USO? Still arguable for me. Quality over quantity.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Was beaten at AO and Wimbledon by Nadal when both were in their 20s, both playing well. Is he greater than Nadal at USO? Still arguable for me. Quality over quantity.
Judging who is greater based on two matches is simply ridiculous.

And as I explained Federer still leads Nadal in 3/5 tournaments (AO, WB, WTF) even if you remove all the wins Federer had before Nadal won his first at each tournament. So much for quality over quantity...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Djokovic is basically pushing both Nadal and Federer into retirement.
He is ultimate destroyer of Fedal and their biggest nemesis and buy doing that he is eclipsing both of them and writing biggest story in tennis ever, we just witnessed it.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Djokovic has unquestionably knocked Nadal out of GOAT contention. Everywhere but clay, Djokovic is superior and one surface is not enough for GOAThood. And they're the same age. Laver, Federer and Djokovic are the last 3 remaining candidates.

·
Registered
28,795 Posts
Djokovic is basically pushing both Nadal and Federer into retirement.
He is ultimate destroyer of Fedal and their biggest nemesis and buy doing that he is eclipsing both of them and writing biggest story in tennis ever, we just witnessed it.
:haha: Yeah if Federer retires soon it will be because of Djokovic. I mean Roger only turns 38 this year, he should have like 15 years left on tour

As for Nadal, it's been discussed plenty, his body has held up longer than most anticipated.

Reactions: ExpectedWinner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts