Mens Tennis Forums banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Now it's time for all of us to turn your attention to football, the only sport worth watching right now
Yeah right, the sport who has sold his soul long ago and is becoming more and more detached from where it came from. Newcastle supporters celebrating and chanting ''we got our club back'' was pathetic. Thankfully the competition in my country isn't interesting enough for all that money. I'm a huge football fan, even more than tennis. But football is long gone. And the sad thing is that we all see it as normal.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
It is unfair to combine men and women. They play separate events. I think it is already very clear, Novak has remained the longest as top dog among the big three.
True tea spilled here for a change though tbf Fedals’ successes preceded Novak while Nadal began as a teen sensation.
Question now will b which of the 2 between Nadovic’s game styles will hold up.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am currently watching the Indian Wells tournament and I have to say that tennis will be dead after Nadal, Federer and Djokovic are gone. :( I mean this is just so boring. Maybe something interesting will happen in the women’s side but men’s tennis is doomed. :(
Did you just praise Djokovic for the first time, and saw the light?

Wow, a historic moment is happening. :p :giggle:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Did you just praise Djokovic for the first time, and saw the light?

Wow, a historic moment is happening. :p :giggle:
No I did not praise him. When I watch tennis I root for Nadal and I root against Federer and Djokovic. So when none of them is playing there isn’t any excitement or purpose left to watch. Sorry for giving you false hope. :cool:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Yeah right, the sport who has sold his soul long ago and is becoming more and more detached from where it came from. Newcastle supporters celebrating and chanting ''we got our club back'' was pathetic. Thankfully the competition in my country isn't interesting enough for all that money. I'm a huge football fan, even more than tennis. But football is long gone. And the sad thing is that we all see it as normal.
Alright, you got me there.

Truth is football has become a playground for rich, decadent assholes who use clubs like at toy and shithole countries who try to whitwash all the fucking human rights violations there are doing in plain sight.

But what about that cheese rolling contest where some drunk fuckers chasing a cheese down a steep hiill? I'm sure we can unite around this one. And no pushing to be found, just offensive sport at is finest.

Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape Grass

·
Registered
4,431 Posts

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Alright, you got me there.

Truth is football has become a playground for rich, decadent assholes who use clubs like at toy and shithole countries who try to whitwash all the fucking human rights violations there are doing in plain sight.

But what about that cheese rolling contest where some drunk fuckers chasing a cheese down a steep hiill? I'm sure we can unite around this one. And no pushing to be found, just offensive sport at is finest.

View attachment 370826
It all went downhill (like that chees) with the invention of the CL, and then the bosman arrest. (which ruined the player himself btw). I'm not a purist who thinks big money clubs are bad for the game. Those have excisted since the beginning of football. But now we have super super rich who give fuck all about their fans or the sport. Look at the bench of English clubs, they would fucking win the dutch leaugue. All just becaue money affords them to buy two complete teams. If you win the Championship playoff to go to the PL your revenue goes up around 150m, that's bottom of the fucking league. I wish those celebrating Newcastle fans good luck with their new club. Their ticket prices will go over multiple times. Better prepare to watch from the pub or pay a month salary for a seaosn ticket.

I don't care who buys those clubs. Americans, Arabs or Chinese. They're all the same. People speak in all romance about the AC Milan team of the 80/90's with Rijkaard, Gullit, Van Basten etc. But they forget that a very shady guy bought the club and gave them that succes: Berlusconi.

Football just became to big as the number one sport globally and has completely lost itself in money, agents and crazinies. For fuck sake we have a WC in fucking qatar. And the plan was to hold it in the summer! Now we have to have a WC in the winter.

The sad thing is it will get way worse. WC every two years. Ridiculous, but it will happen. Because people keep watching and paying for those expensive tv memberships. And the markest in Asia and later Africa are only just begun to be drained.

Football litarally started as the working man's game. From factory workers who founded clubs. The super rich will blow it all up somewhere down the line.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Yes, the Golden era of tennis is coming to an end

Enjoy the big 5 (Fedalovic + Murray + Seppi) while you can 🤗🤗

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Zverev-Murray and Tsitsipas-Fognini. Two examples of exciting matches. I would like to see decent hard courts instead of these slow ones at IW.

But I know OP means tennis is boring because his guy isn't playing. To tard or not to tard.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
If you are watching Monfils-Anderson as that is the only men's match happening right now, you are right.
Not right overall, Murray-Zverev and other matches were competitive and also had some flashes of brilliance.
Not just here in IW, but anywhere else this year.
...you witnessed one of the most brilliant rallies of the season ;) Overall a good match.

·
Premium Member
29,776 Posts
...you witnessed one of the most brilliant rallies of the season ;) Overall a good match.
Well played, didn't watch myself, but at the moment when OP created this thread, only that match was on.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
so if cloren was real about baiting and forum disruptions he/she'd banned the disgusting POS that is the OP some time ago already just like he/she did with poor dataworf. just wonder why his/her ban was revoked and if the likes of goldrev had any say in that matter...

·
Golddigger
16,507 Posts
so if cloren was real about baiting and forum disruptions he/she'd banned the disgusting POS that is the OP some time ago already just like he/she did with poor dataworf. just wonder why his/her ban was revoked and if the likes of goldrev had any say in that matter...
Huh?

As far as i know alwaystennis was banned 1 day. But its 12th-13th its not 24h. Amd id say thats what happened cloren here.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Huh?

As far as i know alwaystennis was banned 1 day. But its 12th-13th its not 24h. Amd id say thats what happened cloren here.
so OP was banned for 24 hours only despite having served a ban already in the past...
you guys are really something else, thats for sure. 😂

·
Golddigger
16,507 Posts
so OP was banned for 24 hours only despite having served a ban already in the past...
you guys are really something else, thats for sure. 😂
Well i stepped down today but honestly 2 things i hated while doing it.

1. Not being able to have an un PC opinion just because of "being a mod". Its horrible having to be careful what you say or how you say it.

2. The expectation that a voluntary job must be done with zero mistakes.

Honestly the expectation levels from the 2 points above are ridiculous.

I decided to call it quits for these two reasons plus the lack of time i have now(except this week which im off work) and the fact that a few toxic members are allowed stay, which I couldnt get my head around.

Anyway all in all, you should give them a break. I say this as it now doesnt include me but you come on here to post,read and have fun. Not yo judge voluntary members. Im not saying this directly at you, it goes for a good few users. Its not an easy job

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Well i stepped down today but honestly 2 things i hated while doing it.

1. Not being able to have an un PC opinion just because of "being a mod". Its horrible having to be careful what you say or how you say it.

2. The expectation that a voluntary job must be done with zero mistakes.

Honestly the expectation levels from the 2 points above are ridiculous.

I decided to call it quits for these two reasons plus the lack of time i have now(except this week which im off work) and the fact that a few toxic members are allowed stay, which I couldnt get my head around.

Anyway all in all, you should give them a break. I say this as it now doesnt include me but you come on here to post,read and have fun. Not yo judge voluntary members. Im not saying this directly at you, it goes for a good few users. Its not an easy job
so you really stepped down? good on you, this board is as toxic as it gets, considering the board owner is a rabid fedtard. (y)

·
Golddigger
16,507 Posts
so you really stepped down? good on you, this board is as toxic as it gets, considering the board owner is a rabid fedtard. (y)
Ye. I have nothing but respect for the others though honestly they are all cool dudes.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts