Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
54,001 Posts
Weeks at #1 the ultimate mountain to climb, shows you are the top dog for the longest

Graf- 377
Laver- 374
Tilden- 368
Renshaw- 366
Gonzales- 365
Wills- 364
Djokovic- 342 and counting
Navratilova- 332
Court- 325
S. Williams- 319
Lenglen- 312
Federer- 310

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Then don't watch, plenty of other stuff out there.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Hours after opening this thread - @AlwaysTennis got banned, LOL

We all can feel tennis is slowly dying. It's like the gods left the game and the fools left have to battle for the title now.

Once we will look back we will realize that we experienced the absolute peak of the sport, with 3 legends playing at the same time. We will be the old farts who explain the kids that tennis once was an epic sport the whole world cared about.

Now it's time for all of us to turn your attention to football, the only sport worth watching right now

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
C’mon MTF, where’s that passion where many here yearning to see the exciting NxtGen rise up?
Bus Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Or perhaps lack of interest due to a certain player missing for many here to get their hopes up to lose.

·
Registered
23,738 Posts
Gloryhunting muppets, disgrace to humanity

·
God loves a trier
5,491 Posts
Still waiting for men's side to ignite, but Rogers-Fernandez last night was electric.

Should be a fun night tonight:

Aslan-Hubi
Diego-Ruud
Meddy-Dimi
Fritz-Sinner

All before bedtime.

·
Registered
110 Posts
tennis will be dead after Nadal, Federer and Djokovic are gone.
No tennis will be better, more competition. I have to say, tennis have been quite boring with those three winning so much, now we will se much more interesting competition. But Novak will still be around, but even he is no longer a sure winner. So more intersting times for tennis ahead.

Reactions: Chris Kuerten

·
Premium Member
11,743 Posts
I see it and it is obviously more about teenage idols for some fans and a lot less of watching tennis.
El Alto was talking about some obsession linked specifically to the YE#1 achievement/award. Still remains unexplained what obsession / how this manifests. People are giving worth to one of the notable accolades in tennis. Nothing to do with an obsession.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
We just need time for the new rivalries to develop. Now it feels like any all big-3 matchup has huge implications in the goat debate, but back in 2011/12 or whatever it was just fun to see the matches between to top players in their primes.

Once Djokodal have finished reaching slam finals we will get to see proper rivalries develop between Medvedev/Zverev/Tsistsipas/Sinner/Alcaraz etc. Medvedev and Tsitsipas already have an interesting rivalry and if they were to play in a few slam finals it would be even better.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Yes, I never understood this obsession with YE #1. Must be the backlash of the Samprastards

It became more emphasized after Federer broke Sampras record. The YE # 1 was considered higher than total # 1 weeks by many - as soon as Roger passed that number of weeks at #1. Various reasons.. But, there is not going to be any consensus really even after that. Tennis has a very rich history.. for someone new to become like MIchael Jordan of Basketball.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Weeks at #1 the ultimate mountain to climb, shows you are the top dog for the longest

Graf- 377
Laver- 374
Tilden- 368
Renshaw- 366
Gonzales- 365
Wills- 364
Djokovic- 342 and counting
Navratilova- 332
Court- 325
S. Williams- 319
Lenglen- 312
Federer- 310
It is unfair to combine men and women. They play separate events. I think it is already very clear, Novak has remained the longest as top dog among the big three.

·
Registered
26,182 Posts
For the first time ever after a US Open final, I felt like the AO are the next tournament. The rest of the season has never felt as unimportant to me as this year (at the top of the game) and the only reason to watch would be to try and win money.

·
WOAT Predictor
2,703 Posts
I agree with OP

I would rather watch big-3 playing Challenger than this so-called Masters

Maybe will watch the final if Stefanos will be there.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Only hardcore fans care about tennis now, it's sad but true. The greatest era in tennis history is slowly coming to an end and what comes after won't look nice in comparison. If guys like Del Potro, Wawrinka, Tsonga, Simon, Ferrer, etc were still playing now I would definitively watch some of the matches but the way it is now, none of these new players really interest me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's like to eat everyday the most tasty food and then to go on a diet, there will not be any taste of food) I'm kinda lucky, i was born as a tennis fan startng to eat diet food)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I am currently watching the Indian Wells tournament and I have to say that tennis will be dead after Nadal, Federer and Djokovic are gone. :( I mean this is just so boring. Maybe something interesting will happen in the women’s side but men’s tennis is doomed. :(
I feel the same. I have hardly watched any tennis since Rafa and Roger stopped playing. I only watched the US Open matches to see what happened to Djokovic.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts