Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,776 Posts
If you are watching Monfils-Anderson as that is the only men's match happening right now, you are right.
Not right overall, Murray-Zverev and other matches were competitive and also had some flashes of brilliance.
Not just here in IW, but anywhere else this year.

·
Golddigger
16,507 Posts
At this point the three you mentioned would be routineing mannarino.

Think i prefer this

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are watching Monfils-Anderson as that is the only men's match happening right now, you are right.
Not right overall, Murray-Zverev and other matches were competitive and also had some flashes of brilliance.
Not just here in IW, but anywhere else this year.
Murray and Zverev are very boring.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
The Big 3 are all past their prime. I can see the Big 2 getting tired in the long marathon matches vs. Next Gen and the tiredness causing them to make unforced errors. The Big 2 can't grind vs. Next Gen any more like they used to when they were young.

I am just hoping that the Big 2 (i.e., Rafa and Djokovic) will replicate Federer of 2017 to 2019, so we can have 3 good years of tennis from each one of them.

·
Your visions will happen
54,001 Posts
Big storyline is how close Medvedev will get to Djokovic #1

Everything else is local and micro, but still important to fans of that player

·
Your visions will happen
54,001 Posts
Djokovic already shattered the weeks at #1 record. If he cared to shatter it further, he wouldn't be skipping events.
Open Era yes, but not all time. Plus he needs 7th YE #1 for sure to tie the all time GOATs

Weeks may be touch and go next season

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Open Era yes, but not all time. Plus he needs 7th YE #1 for sure to tie the all time GOATs

Weeks may be touch and go next season
Nobody outside a few recognize amateur records. ATP definitely doesn't. And they shouldn't be mixed with professional tennis.

As for YE #1, he already has more than Federer and Nadal and is tied for the most ever. And weeks at #1 is way more important, anyway.

·
Your visions will happen
54,001 Posts
Nobody outside a few recognize amateur records. ATP definitely doesn't. And they shouldn't be mixed with professional tennis.

As for YE #1, he already has more than Federer and Nadal and is tied for the most ever. And weeks at #1 is way more important, anyway.
Yes, I never understood this obsession with YE #1. Must be the backlash of the Samprastards
Well guys for me it is very important to see where Djokovic ends in terms of weeks at #1 so we have the final numbers not just to compare with the old greats but as the Open Era record going forwards. For the record I am rooting for Djokovic to get to 380 weeks and be the all time and all gender leader

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Yes, I never understood this obsession with YE #1. Must be the backlash of the Samprastards
What's there to not understand... The best player for a specific year, will be officially awarded the 'Player of the Year' award by the ATP.

·
Premium Member
29,776 Posts
What's there to not understand... The best player for a specific year, will be officially awarded the 'Player of the Year' award by the ATP.

I meant the obsession, not the real value.

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Obviously of the fans.
What obsession though? As said, one of the notable accolades, worthy to be recognized. Fail to see this "obsession" you're talking about.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts