Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is (not) an excuse for Federer's loss. But here goes...

I've had stomach flu and food poisoning (not same time) before, and
even after I got rid of it, it took me a good 2 weeks to feel 100%.
It affected me in subtle ways in every part of my life.

Even at work (where I'm a programmer), I was a tad slower and less
sharp during the 2 weeks. When playing tennis, my timing was off and
I felt a little "fat" (I wasn't fat, but I felt slower as if I had
gained weight). And I couldn't hit the ball as hard for long periods
of time.

This thing must have affected him. And I'm not including the fact
that it ruined his preparation/warm-up.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
This smells a lot like an excuse.

It reads a lot like an excuse.

It is, in fact, an excuse.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
This is not an excuse but....

[Insert Excuse Here]

Reactions: Sean.J.S.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
For me, I doubt he had any illness to begin with. He didn't want to play at Kooyong for whatever reason and this is the most sensible excuse. People always question injuries, and he needed to make up some plausible story for not playing. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
This smells a lot like an excuse.

It reads a lot like an excuse.

It is, in fact, an excuse.
Coming from somebody who was moaning constantly about Nadal's knee's in his loses last year.

Hypocrite.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Does it matter? I didn't think he/she was a particular fan of either.
It doesn't really matter I guess, but lately he does seem more neutral. When I first started posting he was fairly supportive of Nadal though.

I never heard the hospital story? :eek:
I think he stayed the night or something, I don't really remember. He did go to have it checked out though.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
its a very big cheap excuse
You also used to complain everything about Nalbandian, anything, if he never showered his armpits correctly that day or never took the correct size of shit in the morning you would moan about that. You butt kisser.

Federer had a virus, you think that you can play 100% with that?

Watch him go on to win Indian Wells and/or Miami, go Roger.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
What's a hypocrite?
Yeah without the e, whatever, also been through several of your posts and you have made so many errors, big deal.

My point is you used to constantly make excuses with Nadal about his knees and something happens to Federer and you cannot appreciate the fact he cannot play 100%.

Hell, if this was Nadal you would be constantly bitching about it, complaining, defending his early loss (infact I doubt he would have even played) Infact you are this person who that retard, Blaze2004 was banging on about, you are committing tomfoolery in more ways than one, and yes, I said tomfoolery.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Yeah without the e, whatever, also been through several of your posts and you have made so many errors, big deal.

My point is you used to constantly make excuses with Nadal about his knees and something happens to Federer and you cannot appreciate the fact he cannot play 100%.

Hell, if this was Nadal you would be constantly bitching about it, complaining, defending his early loss (infact I doubt he would have even played) Infact you are this person who that retard, Blaze2004 was banging on about, you are committing tomfoolery in more ways than one, and yes, I said tomfoolery.
Hey, give l_mac a break - hell, she's Scottish, therefore destined to function on excuses due to cause celebre of Andy Murray ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts