Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.vecernji.hr/tenis/cilic-nije-uspio-ma-prekasno-sam-razbio-taj-reket-952673

He said it was pleasure to loose in the way he did vs Robredo considering when he was last year this time.
What a patetic attitude (what I am talking all time long).
Always same alibis from him. Like in the Wimbledon. His quaters match ended for him after 3rd set. He was happy he took off 2 sets from Djoko and stopped to play.
Or we can look in the his 1st round match vs Sijsling where he didn't want to run.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Marin Cilic should be ashamed of himself

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is even to much for petar_pan!

Talk about taking things out of context :facepalm:
Out of contest my ass. We can blind on one eye and say that but true is he is satisfaied where he is.
Goran spot it right when he talked how Cilic is happy he is 15th and when he said Cilic doesn't prepare for strokes in one match. Goran has alot work to do.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
The OP's credibility in ruins?
Surprising? I think not.

Out of contest my ass. We can blind on one eye and say that but true is he is satisfaied where he is.
Goran spot it right when he talked how Cilic is happy he is 15th and when he said Cilic doesn't prepare for strokes in one match. Goran has alot work to do.
According to you he said he is happy with the way he lost to Robredo. In the sentence I guess you're referring to he didn't even mention the way in which he lost the match. And what he obviously meant was that considering all that happened to him last year, he's just happy to be back on tour playing and even experiencing the losses is better than sitting out due to being (unfairly) banned.

Not to mention that during the whole interview he repeats how sorry he is that he lost and that he was really hoping to reach the final, and eventually the title, how he should've broken a racket earlier than he did because it helped him calm down when it was already too late, etc.

Judging by your opening post, one would think that Marin is a sicko who enjoys losing while wasting huge leads when the whole interview shows how really sorry he is for losing the match. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
This is even to much for petar_pan!

Talk about taking things out of context :facepalm:
has Ancic ever been bothered to play Umag challenger :) Cilic has probably earned in his career a lot of more $$$ than Ancic but OP seems like ungrateful tennis fan.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Surprising? I think not.

According to you he said he is happy with the way he lost to Robredo. In the sentence I guess you're referring to he didn't even mention the way in which he lost the match. And what he obviously meant was that considering all that happened to him last year, he's just happy to be back on tour playing and even experiencing the losses is better than sitting out due to being (unfairly) banned.

Not to mention that during the whole interview he repeats how sorry he is that he lost and that he was really hoping to reach the final, and eventually the title, how he should've broken a racket earlier than he did because it helped him calm down when it was already too late, etc.

Judging by your opening post, one would think that Marin is a sicko who enjoys losing while wasting huge leads when the whole interview shows how really sorry he is for losing the match. :facepalm:
Alibis, alibis, alibis...you should be his lawyer. His attitude is all wrong. He didn't run on single ball in the first round with full sprint (saw that very well cause watched that live), he always finds alibis after losses, etc.etc.
If he would be man like his coach he would say he played crap and that's it. And people would bash him alot less.
He is not hunger enough. Not to mention his head.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Alibis, alibis, alibis...you should be his lawyer. His attitude is all wrong. He didn't run on single ball in the first round with full sprint (saw that very well cause watched that live), he always finds alibis after losses, etc.etc.
If he would be man like his coach he would say he played crap and that's it. And people would bash him alot less.
He is not hunger enough. Not to mention his head.
Man, what alibis? I'm not even defending him, I'm just trying to explain to you what he said in his interview. :facepalm:
And the key point is that Marin didn't say he enjoyed the way he lost to Robredo and that he said multiple times that he regrets how he played, how he lost and doesn't even try to excuse himself for it, blaming everything on himself.
So, basically, you completely missed the point with this thread. And please don't talk about his head.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Man, what alibis? I'm not even defending him, I'm just trying to explain to you what he said in his interview. :facepalm:
And the key point is that Marin didn't say he enjoyed the way he lost to Robredo and that he said multiple times that he regrets how he played, how he lost and doesn't even try to excuse himself for it, blaming everything on himself.
So, basically, you completely missed the point with this thread. And please don't talk about his head.
I know what he said very well but he can't talk about this defeat in that sentence. From that you can see he is happy with average, when you follow him for a long time and when you can read between the lines.
I didn't talk about his head but I why wouldn't talk about it?

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
I know what he said very well but he can't talk about this defeat in that sentence. From that you can see he is happy with average, when you follow him for a long time and when you can read between the lines.
I didn't talk about his head but I why wouldn't talk about it?
"Cilic has a disgusting attitude to the game! Look at these out of context quotes with interpretations that I pulled out of my ass!"

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I were Coric, I would be on my guard during interviews.
I don't know why you still talking to me but just to say Coric is a warrior with talent and clear head, Marin is complete opposit (except tlaent he has) so I don't think he will have dissapointed fans.
There shouldn't be pressure on Coric, he should work in peace.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Cilic game is bad on clay.. so is good for him don't think to much about this, and look to the forward...

I think in the future is better for whim play in atlanta and Washington...

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
LOL

As much as i would like to see Cilic satisfied with himself and his game after yesterday's fiasco, OP was the one who delivered fiasco.

PS To make i clear, I don't blame OP for this. To understand what are you reading requires some basic sets of skills. Who wants the world where everybody understands everything

1 - 20 of 72 Posts