Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago one of my Brazilian friends invited me to see capoeira performance at the Roswell Cultural Art Center, Atlanta, GA. I had no idea what capoeira was, so I agreed and was anxious to go and see it. But first I went to Google the sport to learn a little bit about capoeira.
I was immersed into many web pages and here I would like to share some information with you.

You are probably thinking by now what the capoeira actually is?
It is a Brazilian fight-dance, game, and martial art created by enslaved Africans during the 19th Century. Participants form a circle and take turns playing instruments, singing, and sparring in pairs in the centre of the circle. The game is marked by fluid acrobatic play, feints, subterfuge, and extensive use of groundwork, as well as sweeps, kicks, and head butts. Less frequently, elbow-strikes, slaps, punches, and body-throws are used. Technique and strategy are the key elements to playing a good game.

After I saw the capoeira performance, I decided to give it a try at the Abba Capoeira center located in Atlanta. How did it go? Well, after first class, which lasts two hours, I was pretty sore. I had two day to recover for the next class. The class was fun, we did lots of challenging exercises, lots of kicks, handstands, cartwheels and turns. Even I am quite an athletic person it was an effort to get through the class, but also to be able to move during the next few upcoming days. However the pain was worth it and I have become a member of Abba Capoeira.
:wavey: Lenka

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
i wish there was one in my town, but i did it once and i was in SO MUCH PAIN. but i think i got a six-pack in like three minutes, it's that intense, but so much fun too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts