Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Played in Kitzbühel (greatest venue on planet earth) from 7th to 11th July, 100,000 € prize money for the winner, organized by the Great Austrian Dominic Thiem, tested positive for shotmaking numerous times.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rublev beat Struff in the first match of the torunament, 15-13 in match TB, saved 3 MPs.

·
Registered
793 Posts
An official tournament called "Thiem's Seven"? Come on. 😂
Yeah, ATP inventing honorary names for tournaments that easy wouldn't be fair, would it? I mean, how long had Federer been ranked number one before ATP came up with the idea to call one of the mandatory events "Roger's cup"? ;)

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Domi won in two close sets. Really good match.

Reactions: paca and Henrik

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Reactions: ne znam ali mozda

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Yeah, ATP inventing honorary names for tournaments that easy wouldn't be fair, would it? I mean, how long had Federer been ranked number one before ATP came up with the idea to call one of the mandatory events "Roger's cup"? ;)
The most strange thing to me is that men's tennis have Fed, but it's WTA who has Fed Cup, and women's tennis has Lauren Davis but it's ATP who has Davis Cup

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
"My" Matteo now :love::love:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good match against Rublev overall. Made a gif just for fun, not as many epic points as in Adria Tour though.

Reactions: xcom and Henrik

·
Registered
793 Posts
Normally exhibitions aren't very exciting since players don't take it seriously. However, when watching the Thiem-Rublev second set (I could only find this much available on replay), it seems the long break from competitive tennis has made a difference. At least Rublev looked fully invested, screaming loudly when double-faulting to hand Thiem the breakpoint at 3-3 in the second. When getting broken on the next point, he used his full force and almost destroyed the racket when throwing it into the ground. For an exhibition, this is as good as it gets, you cannot hope for more commitment.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,559 Posts
Normally exhibitions aren't very exciting since players don't take it seriously. However, when watching the Thiem-Rublev second set (I could only find this much available on replay), it seems the long break from competitive tennis has made a difference. At least Rublev looked fully invested, screaming loudly when double-faulting to hand Thiem the breakpoint at 3-3 in the second. When getting broken on the next point, he used his full force and almost destroyed the racket when throwing it into the ground. For an exhibition, this is as good as it gets, you cannot hope for more commitment.
not more commitment than this guy:

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Thiem looks geat.. 6-4 first set over Struff

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Reactions: xcom and hammett
1 - 20 of 42 Posts