Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Thiem's having bit of an issue with his knee, even if it's not all that serious I can't see him going deep in RG considering he'll have to win 7 bo5 matches there to win the title.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Novak "the rainman" Roofovic is our last hope now

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Do y have any proof that Thiem is having big problem with knee??? There is still three months before RG starts, and you are already worrying????

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
If your right he will have some troubles getting that 4th seed by RG and a harder path to even get to the final

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Don't think op was very serious when creating this thread.

Domi's current knee issues don't look that good, but when would an injury, even a slight one, do so? We don't have any information yet as to how serious this thing is.

Have to admit that thinking ahead until RG wasn't the first thing that popped into my mind after watching the match in Rio. Plenty of time still left until that.

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
No reason for him to be playing Rio to begin with imo

He is a top player now, he needs to schedule like it.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
No reason for him to be playing Rio to begin with imo

He is a top player now, he needs to schedule like it.
I agree 100%

Tsitsipas and Medvedev have been doing the same and I think it is affecting them.
Scheduling is key to get to the important tournaments with the perfect balance between rest and activity.
These 3 young dudes and their teams don't seem to understand it

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Why the complaints about Domi's scheduling still? Isn't he only playing the same number of tournaments this month as the big 3 (one ATP500)?

·
|
14,961 Posts
Thiem proved at this year's AO that he has absolutely no chance of beating Rafa at Roland Garros.
I mean he needed a 76 76 64 76 thriller just to beat Rafa at Rafa's worst slam event.
Thiem has no hope at Roland Garros, until Rafa retires....
But, Thiem will do better than Djokovic, because Djokovic doesn't even look good enough to take a set from Rafa at Roland Garros (Rafa has won 3 in a row over Djokovic on clay, including a bagel at last year's Rome - the first bagel ever recorded in a match between Rafa and Djokovic).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Please stop to copy paste this nonsense in every thread. Two of these matches happened on Djokovic comeback after elbow surgery and the last occured after Djokovic finished his SF in the morning and had to play fresh Nadal the same day at 3 p.m.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Thiem proved at this year's AO that he has absolutely no chance of beating Rafa at Roland Garros.
I mean he needed a 76 76 64 76 thriller just to beat Rafa at Rafa's worst slam event.
Thiem has no hope at Roland Garros, until Rafa retires....
But, Thiem will do better than Djokovic, because Djokovic doesn't even look good enough to take a set from Rafa at Roland Garros (Rafa has won 3 in a row over Djokovic on clay, including a bagel at last year's Rome - the first bagel ever recorded in a match between Rafa and Djokovic).
Yes, I mean, obviously AO is Thiem's best surface.
No reason to worry right now, still a long time until RG.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Roger: Looks like It's up to you Fogna, I'm too old.
Fabio: Ha ha, no problem Roger... yeah, right.

If Thiem can't do it, then only Federer & maybe one other will stand between Nadal and the Maestro's legacy. Fognini in his best form could do it, though he never has at RG.

However, we don't know what RAFA's condition will be like either by then. He has played a lot of tennis already.

I and most of the tennis world could predict that RAFA will tie Rog at RG, but let's at least wait for the Final coin toss, shall we? ;)

Prudently,
masterclass

Reactions: enlightenedth

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
I agree 100%

Tsitsipas and Medvedev have been doing the same and I think it is affecting them.
Scheduling is key to get to the important tournaments with the perfect balance between rest and activity.
These 3 young dudes and their teams don't seem to understand it
It's not rocket science, even Tsitsi said he had played too much tennis last year. I think he said physically he was fine, but that mentally it was draining. So don't play too many events. The ATP needs new stars, so maybe they are under pressure to play a lot of events in order to build their profile. I'm speculating here.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
If your right he will have some troubles getting that 4th seed by RG and a harder path to even get to the final
Why would he need it though?... Would it not be better to draw Nadal in the Quarters and take him out then & there instead of a bigger stage in the final where he is 12-0.

Of course the statement means much more sense if we're talking about the bigger picture and him winning the entire thing and making his draw a little easier but he'll have to go through Nadal at some stage anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts