Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dominic has a great h2h against the Big 3, if this trend continues he will end up with a positive h2h (maybe not against Nadal..)
he is now 14:17 in the h2h, but with a very positive trend!

Thiem - Djokovic: 4:6..............( 4:1 in the last 5 encounters)
Thiem - Federer 5:2 ............ (5:1 in the last 6 encounters)
Thiem - Nadal 5:9 .............( 2:1 in the last 3 encounters)

this more than anything makes believe that he is a future Nr 1 and Slam Winner..

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
yes i see a bright future for Dominic for sure, he is proving himself on Hard and Clay, and having these big wins will add to his mental strength for the clutch moments hugely.

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Don't be silly. He was choking bad now vs Rafa and the only thing that saved him was Rafa being poor himself. What do you think Djoko would do to him in a potential final?

·
Registered
17,774 Posts
pigeon isn't just a term, it requires a certain margin

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Nadal wasn’t poor at all, he looked a lot better than against Kyrgios. Wouldn’t exaggerate tho and call them his pigeons, although he has really a great chance to have positive records against any of them when all is said and done.

First win over Rafa at a Slam is especially important for the upcoming editions of Roland Garros.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
He is a worthy opponent and definately not a pigeon himself vs any of the 3 which is an achievement by itself. Even most top players are pigeons at least to one of these 3.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't be silly. He was choking bad now vs Rafa and the only thing that saved him was Rafa being poor himself. What do you think Djoko would do to him in a potential final?
THAT is what i want to find out on Sunday! ;)

Reactions: IBM

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thiem weakness is he will have a wild service game where he missed 4 balls in every set.

But yes, Thiem made the big 3 pigeons nowadays.

The last demon to slay is on Philipe Chatrier.

He is the only hope in this AO in beating Djokovic.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Nadal wasn't playing bad at all. There is no safe way to attack top spin ball easily like Thiem dishing out to Rafa's own medicine. Hence Rafa is being pushed back a great length on every ball.

Djoko could lose this if he is forced to take risk. He is even easier to grind against compared to Rafa's defense. In this tournament Djok have not shown he can grind nor defend. Its all serve and return.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
never
a pair of players reach pigeonness when you anticipate a certain result before they even play

say,Djokovic has a great record against Andy Murray in Australian open,but their next match is still somewhat uncertain

Federer was Nadal's pigeon
nadal became Djokovic's pigeon for a year
Djokovic is definitely Wawrinka's pigeon right now

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thiem - Federer 5:2 ............ (5:1 in the last 4 encounters)
Yeah, this is an amazing achievement from Thiem, if anything, having 5 wins in the last 4 encounters makes you the GOAT. :D

Just kidding. More on topic: I think all of big three are seriously worried when playing against Thiem. No doubt, the Austrian has the game to hurt them all. Actually I think the betting market was completely wrong when lowering Djokovic's odds as a tournament winner after Nadal was defeated. I'm pretty certain the Serb would prefer to play Nadal rather than Thiem in the final.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
First win over Rafa at a Slam is especially important for the upcoming editions of Roland Garros.
Finishing what should have been done at USO 18' is especially important for the upcoming editions of Roland Garros. Demons and stuff...

·
Registered
7,987 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
It's hard to have someone as a pigeon when it's a losing record. Pigeon isn't just number of wins, otherwise you can just get there through number of meetings.

Reactions: Supercell

·
Super Moderator
12,371 Posts
you might be onto something here, and they may very well be headed in that direction!

as you stated now . not overall, if those numbers of 10-3 in last 13 are accurate ( I didn't check and doesn't seem obvious since lacking the GS titles) that you posted, that is truly amazing !

1 - 20 of 69 Posts