Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prediction
Thiem will end up winning more slams than Murray, maybe 5, but will win far less Masters. Note Murray has 14 masters.

·
Registered
793 Posts
A brave prediction before Thiem has won his maiden slam. I can sense some mockery coming this way if Zverev takes the title tonight.

But yeah, comparing Thiem's level in the most recent masters with his slam level, the prediction makes sense. I, for one, will hope for the Austrian to transform himself to Slaminic Thiem on a regular basis.

·
justice for all
15,281 Posts
Pathetic jinxing attempt from a new Domi hater.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I hope and think you're right. Mostly because I think Murray should have won more slams. The difference between him and Djokovic is too big given their talent.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Not bothered as long as gilded Ray keeps the hallowed Olympics record.

·
Registered
290 Posts
No way. Sascha will win 10+ slams and Medvedev, Tsitsipas, FFA and Sinner will probably will a bunch too so not much left for Thiem.

·
justice for all
15,281 Posts
I hope and think you're right. Mostly because I think Murray should have won more slams. The difference between him and Djokovic is too big given their talent.
I agree. In my book Andy should have won 6-7 slams. In particular:
  • AO 2013
  • AO 2015
  • RG 2016
In all three of them he lost undeservedly vs Djokovic who also used some low tricks and fakery to outlast Sir Andy.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thiem does not play Olympics, he is so arrogant and would not do anything for anyone else, eg like his own nation
I can't disagree. He plays for humanity tonight though (wittingly or unwittingly) so I think we should withdraw these comments if he wins. If he doesn't forget the word forgiveness.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I agree. In my book Andy should have won 6-7 slams. In particular:
  • AO 2013
  • AO 2015
  • RG 2016
In all three of them he lost undeservedly vs Djokovic who also used some low tricks and fakery to outlast Sir Andy.
I see no lies.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
602 Posts
No way. Sascha will win 10+ slams and Medvedev, Tsitsipas, FFA and Sinner will probably will a bunch too so not much left for Thiem.
If that happens I think we'll all be hot...on a spit, being forced to watch a TV by the Devil. Zverev will be in slam finals on said TV.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Thiem does not play Olympics, he is so arrogant and would not do anything for anyone else, eg like his own nation
Because at other tournaments he doesn't represent Austria?

Athletes should have the freedom not to participate. Every four years a bunch of meaningless sports benefit from the popularity of global sports that don't need the overrated Olympics at all.

·
Registered
602 Posts

Athletes should have the freedom not to participate. Every four years a bunch of meaningless sports benefit from the popularity of global sports that don't need the overrated Olympics at all.
Olympics is the peak of tennis. You only have to see the comments of Federer, Djokovic, Nadal and Murray to see that. It transcends sport and is the hardest to win with it only being once every four years.The annual tennis events are neither here nor there in comparison.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Olympics is the peak of tennis. You only have to see the comments of Federer, Djokovic, Nadal and Murray to see that. It transcends sport and is the hardest to win with it only being once every four years.The annual tennis events are neither here nor there in comparison.
Del Porto too, can see how much it means.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No, he has a flag behind his name, that is all, and probably lives Monte Carlo like most players.

·
King Of Tennis
2,693 Posts
Who cares? Neither are or will be that relevant in terms of all-time records. Unless having embarrassing slam final losing records is something to be proud of.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts