Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thiem has a live ranking of 44. If he wins tommorow it will be 37. What are his chances of being ranked in the top 32, and at what time do they look at rankings for seeding purposes?

I will predict he will be seeded and will end up getting anywhere from r32 to quarters depending on the draw.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
I hope he will play instead of be seated :p

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I think he will he has a chance to be seeded. Definitely won't be seated because he probably wants to play.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
18th August ranking will be used for seeding. Del Potro, Haas, Almagro and Mayer are ahead of him and they will not play USO. There are chances. American Masters will decide everything.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Unfortunately he will most probably be seated in the 2nd week

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
From the "check you spell before finishing the thread" series. :lol:

Well, even if he wins Kiztbuhel (I think he will, I even voted for him winning just after the draw), he'll need some points in Cincy to be seeded I guess. A #36 rank will probably be enough to earn a seed, since Delpo, Dolgo, Almagro and Haas aren't expected to play.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
It's very possible. If he wins tomorrow there will only be 46 points difference between him and Garcia Lopez (#32).

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
taking off points from Cincinnati and Canada last year Thiem is provisionally 42nd for the post Cincinnati rankings. That jumps to 36 if he wins Kitz, but he's not playing Toronto and has to play qualies for Cincinnati while others around him will get direct entry, so I'd say he has to either win Kitz or have a very good Cincinnati result, and even then if other around him do decent in both it might not be enough.

Edit: actually nvm, didn't realize he got into Toronto

·
10,293 Posts
Idk how he won't be seated?

I mean he is in tip top form and is beating top 20-50 players on a more consistent basis.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts