Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Paire is like Hewitt, Roddick and Safin. They thought they were too privileged to be criticized.
after several beat downs from Fred, they became babies with bottles.
Kyrgios is still promoted like he gives a damn about tennis. Wasn’t he having brat tantrums with verbal abuse & broken equipment in the hallway? No one would report him and kick him out because they didn’t want to go through the trouble of speaking about him and not getting paychecks?

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
13,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ye Paire is identical to Hewitt, Roddick and Safin. Slam and Masters winners.

Well done

·
Registered
313 Posts
lol, Does he even has sponsors ? the guy is damaged goods. I doubt he can afford the luxury of not collecting those 1R cheques, which is not exactly Thiem's case.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Good post. I agree, although in the specific Paire situation I think his comments were already enough for a fine (for example this: A French tennis star appeared to say he purposely aims to lose in the 1st round of pandemic-era tournaments so he can earn easy money then relax). But it's a translation so it might be less accurate
Completely agree. He should have been fined for his atittude on court and for some of his comments, with a financial loss equalling the amount of his prize money. Because it's tricky to fine someone on results, ATP should have been even harder with it on the attitude part.
Having said that, I'm pretty sure he's sometimes just trolling his haters on social media. He acts forgetting he's a public person, and his attitude is not good for the image of the sport, being just the opposite of a role-model for kids/teenagers.

Anyway, good thing is that he will be strip from most of his ATP points soon, so we won't see him on the Tour for quite some time ;)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The ATP has largely caused this issue with the adjusted points scheme which has greatly outlived its usefulness.

·
Registered
22,572 Posts

Can't wait for the next Thiem - Paire match

''Don't talk to me, go home''

·
Your visions will happen
51,355 Posts

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
13,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Reactions: POTUS Haase

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Like a lot of MTFs finest, Benoit Paire has mental health problems. Difference is that his job is played on the world stage while MTF warriors hide behind the multiple accounts.
Another difference is he can be shitty at his job yet still make pretty good money. And not lose his job. :(

Reactions: Snowwy

·
Registered
888 Posts
This is what we've been saying for the past several months:

Wawrinka and Monfils are supposedly depressed and taking time out to recharge. He should do the same seeing that his 1-7 record for the year is certainly less than inspiring.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You don't know Paire is gaming the current system as 3 years of points are being counted, with the 3 years prior being 50%, right?
I do. That's how the chips fell. Life is unfair. Yet players like Harris and Karatsev managed to get into MD while dealing with the system.

And Thiem is one to talk. Wasn't he against raising prize money and more opportunities for lower ranked players last year?

Reactions: Phillo

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thiem should go back in the closet, where he belongs. Bye girl! Don’t talk about another players psychological issues when you haven’t come to terms with your own sexual identity. Oh, those highlights in his hair look like someone pulled them through a cap during the pandemic. I hope he doesn’t date a naive young lady from the WTA again, that is really low.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Paire will find the motivation once those points start coming off.

Good for Thiem on actually taking a break. He knew he was in no position to take the court and worked on it.

·
Registered
899 Posts

Good for Thiem on actually taking a break. He knew he was in no position to take the court and worked on it.
You are right on both counts, Paire’s ranking will tank and Thiem needs to work on things besides tennis.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I love Benoît and think his attitude is hilarious, but Dominic does make a good point about taking a few weeks off and then having the motivation come back. SIMON just did exactly that. It is a bit strange that Benoît doesn't at least try taking a break (and more than an attention-seeking trip to the Maldives), which means that he probably is having some sort of mental health issues.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

Yeah he is an idiot for waiting until the points come off though. If he thought he could gain them right now while he has next to nothing to defend would be one thing, but clearly that is not the case… I still find his presence entertaining, but for his own sake it seems dumb not to try a break. I guess maybe he concludes that he already did so during the tour suspension and the off season, so may as well collect checks for being lazy instead of not…

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is it worth bothering about Paire?

Useless mug.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts