Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
If they wanted to trick you, they'd find a way to photoshop that.
No point doing the trick otherwise.
honest question: are you dense or something?

Registered
Most ATP players are very good, even advanced players with their opposite hand. I believe Arnaud Clement when he had an injured right arm, actually competed in France in tournaments as a lefty during is recovery period and did quite well.

A special exo or even tournament with atp players only allowed to use their opposite hand would be interesting and fun to see.

Registered
I've always wondered if there'd be an advantage for a truly ambidextrous player who only played with RH Forehand, and LH Forehand, and never hit a backhand. Anyone think that'd be an advantage over players that have to hit backhands?

Premium Member
I've always wondered if there'd be an advantage for a truly ambidextrous player who only played with RH Forehand, and LH Forehand, and never hit a backhand. Anyone think that'd be an advantage over players that have to hit backhands?
Takes too long to switch hands. But there's a guy who has tried it

Registered
Takes too long to switch hands. But there's a guy who has tried it

Currently there is a kid in juniors who plays like this as well, we had a thread about him a while back. Personally don't think it will work out if you really want to make it big (let's say top 100)

Registered
@Chris Kuerten What do you think would have the most success now:

• Two forehands
  • One-handed/Two-handed backhand hybrid
  • Two-handed forehand
  • Two backhands (is that even a thing?)
Doublehanded forehand is by far the most stable option, it's like having two backhands (haven't seen doublehanded forehand/onehanded backhand combo). Closest I've seen in top 100 tennis for a onehanded/doublehanded backhand hybrid is Tsonga I think and he still almost never hits it onehanded. It just doesn't make sense to train both instead of focusing on one

Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Chris Kuerten I mean there's recently some talk here about maybe the backhand hybrid could be for stability and power where the DHBH can be for defensive points and OHBH for the aggressive and finishing points.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts