Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
|
16,474 Posts
That's cool how they reversed the video, makes everybody think he's playing left-handed. Well, almost everybody :alien:

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
So there is a still a few people here holding out hope for Thiem to do well at the US OPEN and possibly be one of the one's to take out Djokovic and yet here he is still wearing a Nintendo Power Glove.

Yeah,ok.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
That's cool how they reversed the video, makes everybody think he's playing left-handed. Well, almost everybody :alien:
I agree Thiem's shots look amazingly good if he plays with his left arm. But you think this is a trick video? Well, explain to me how it is done. Playing a video backward doesn't change left and right (and the video is clearly played forward anyway). Of course, it is usually very simple to make a mirror image, but in that case, the text in the background would be mirrored as well. Do you think they have taken the trouble to mirror the text in the background before shooting the video, or have they used a green screen and edited the background?

My guess is that Thiem is just amazingly good with his left arm.:) Unfortunately, if I am right, this means he is not fit to use his right arm yet. :mad:

·
justice for all
18,925 Posts
Dominic trying to further emulate Rafa. (y)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
fh is rather easy, but the ohbh is quite difficult to hit properly. he's doing good tbh.

·
Registered
23,382 Posts
This is the dumbest post in MTF history

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
This is the dumbest post in MTF history
LOL have you read other stuff of this nutcase? Compared to his daily bullcrap this falsly accusation is actually hilarious

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
If it was a reversed video left/right then the letters on the wall at the end would also be reversed…
You could mirror the letters on the wall the shirt (in real life), so when you mirror the video, everything looks normal
I agree Thiem's shots look amazingly good if he plays with his left arm. But you think this is a trick video? Well, explain to me how it is done. Playing a video backward doesn't change left and right (and the video is clearly played forward anyway). Of course, it is usually very simple to make a mirror image, but in that case, the text in the background would be mirrored as well. Do you think they have taken the trouble to mirror the text in the background before shooting the video, or have they used a green screen and edited the background?

My guess is that Thiem is just amazingly good with his left arm.:) Unfortunately, if I am right, this means he is not fit to use his right arm yet. :mad:
Mirroring the text would be the easier way to do it. Green screen and editing the background in a handheld shot would be difficult for anyone without some serious video production skills

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thiem attempting an Alexander Volkov.

The only natural righty i know of who successfully turned lefty after a right shoulder injury during his teens.

Most of the time, it's lefties who turn righty (Rosewall, Margaret Court)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Thiem attempting a Vladimir Volkov.

The only natural righty i know of who successfully turned lefty after a right shoulder injury during his teens.

Most of the time, it's lefties who turn righty (Rosewall, Margaret Court)
Alexander Volkov, no?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
If they wanted to trick you, they'd find a way to photoshop that.
No point doing the trick otherwise.
Making Thiem hit really awkward looking strokes to sell the illusion shows their commitment to the trick

1 - 20 of 30 Posts