Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is already a highly asterisked slam with no Nadal, Federer, Wawrinka or Del Potro. But now with no Djokovic, Thiem or Medvedev must save tennis. Zverev would just about be acceptable. They would be the only worthy winners of a slam.

Winning a slam should not be easier than an ATP 500. This must not be allowed to happen.

·
Registered
59,921 Posts
I think we can all agree that Carreno Busta would be the most deserving winner, the best for tennis, and a boon to all humanity.

·
Premium Member
9,298 Posts
Don't care who wins it but I hope it's Thiem so he can get closer to that number 1 he deserves.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Whoever wins it is a deserving winner. A slam is a slam. No asterisks.

I like both Medvedev and Thiem, and I'd certainly love to see one of them winning this US Open. But, why are other players not deserving of winning a grand slam? It is unfair to others.

Even if this incident had not happened, it was not certain that Djokovic would have won this year's US Open. The same applies to Medvedev and Thiem as well. No one is certain to win. They all have a good chance (if not an equal chance) to win the Open.

Reactions: khyber

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
Even tho I don’t like PCB, he did tennis a serious solid today so I wouldn’t actually mind him winning the tourney

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Thiem. It's time. I hope he's ready.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But, why are other players not deserving of winning a grand slam? It is unfair to others.
Because Thiem, Medvedev and Zverev have all paid their dues. We know they're capable of beating the top players and could legitimately win a slam by beating them. The others are no-hopers and practically stand zero chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts