Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
all really bleak excuses for being a cheap b*.

Logically false also.
"... they don't train as hard as me, they're not as professional as me... they're not in top 100 (or 10) like me... so they don't deserve my help..." - basically - they're not me, so why should I help them?
way to turn the subject on its head.

"Snow doesn't fall just to cover the hill, but for every creature to show its trail".

·
Registered
710 Posts
all really bleak excuses for being a cheap b*.

Logically false also.
"... they don't train as hard as me, they're not as professional as me... they're not in top 100 (or 10) like me... so they don't deserve my help..." - basically - they're not me, so why should I help them?
way to turn the subject on its head.

"Snow doesn't fall just to cover the hill, but for every creature to show its trail".
Don't see why his money should go to 'millionaire' Tomic.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Don't see why his money should go to 'millionaire' Tomic.
strawman argument.
the general idea is valid and it makes sense. shouldn't be discarded because of a few exceptions.
Details regarding who/how/how much/etc and based on what method or "algorithm" are just a technicality - and not an excuse.
using Tomic (or even Murray for ex., or whomever) is just being intentionally obtuse.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Novel idea from Djokovic. They should help poorer players. It doesn't mean that there are 5 Kyrgioses in a player pool of 500, we shouldn't help the other 495. But, if I were Thiem, I would ask why I'm expected to donate the same amount of money as the 3 cash cows.

Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic probably all make more money in 1 year than Thiem will make in his entire career. In fact, each of the three will probably make more money in retirement than the average top 20 player would in the peak of their career.

·
Registered
710 Posts
strawman argument.
the general idea is valid and it makes sense. shouldn't be discarded because of a few exceptions.
Details regarding who/how/how much/etc and based on what method or "algorithm" are just a technicality - and not an excuse.
using Tomic (or even Murray for ex., or whomever) is just being intentionally obtuse.
And you are dense. Thiem should spend his money in whatever he wants from saving dolphins to eating donuts and giving his unsolicited opinion like everyone else. If you can't cut it, and you are beyond a certain age, maybe it is time for a career change.

·
Registered
267 Posts
And you are dense. Thiem should spend his money in whatever he wants from saving dolphins to eating donuts and giving his unsolicited opinion like everyone else. If you can't cut it, and you are beyond a certain age, maybe it is time for a career change.
Are you having difficulties maintaining focus? And/or you're losing the plot frequently?
Take a chill pill and practice abstinence from social media.
When you reach adolescence it'll probably go away by itself.

Yours truly,
Dr Nikola, MD

121 - 126 of 126 Posts