Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With his US Open run and 2020 all in all Thiem has showed that he belongs to the Tennis Trinity of Salvation against the very malicious Big3.

Del Godro
Jesuswrinka
Holy Ghosthiem

Amen. Angelrev‘s time will come some day

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
And CBK ?? . Virgin Marray ?
I can see Moozza easily offended by this
Thiem needs the step of the Champions still , hope he can do it

Reactions: IBM

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Dominic Thiem has played well and seems to be improving as a player, but let's see how he gets on against Daniil Medvedev. It's a match he can win, so it will be especially indicative of his current whereabouts.

·
Your visions will happen
48,633 Posts
I think Thiem can have a better statistical career than both JMDP and Wawrinka, possibly combined, since he does not have to face peak Fedalovic in his 2nd half of career

·
Registered
16,408 Posts
I think Thiem can have a better statistical career than both JMDP and Wawrinka, possibly combined, since he does not have to face peak Fedalovic in his 2nd half of career
Believe me, since Sunday I've been preparing for some Sunday-published hot takes on MTF regarding Thiem and Wawrinka/Murray.

I'm just waiting for the moment to come.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
The day i ever see thiem in the same sentance as Murray will be the day i stop posting in GM.

Fucking eww

·
Your visions will happen
48,633 Posts
Believe me, since Sunday I've been preparing for some Sunday-published hot takes on MTF regarding Thiem and Wawrinka/Murray.

Well if he wins the title probably he has surpassed Del Potro

But Wawrinka is far away and Murray very far away

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
This could be the case. I see a couple of RGs at least plus some HC slam(s) as well.

Maybe also gems like Thiem will not lose a match until Wimbledon.

Reactions: Johnny Groove

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Well if he wins the title probably he has surpassed Del Potro

But Wawrinka is far away and Murray very far away
The sense maker making sense. Dropping sense b9mbs as if it were baghdad

·
Your visions will happen
48,633 Posts

·
justice for all
15,220 Posts
Too early for those discussions. Dominic first needs to win his first slam (hopefully it happens on Sunday), but last thing he needs now is the hype when he hasn’t won it yet. And I’m saying it as his big fan, as you all know.
And BTW - it’s perfectly fine to be a fan of Domi and like Andy or vice versa (I am an example) - they never met in a slam and for me they did not really compete for the same slams. Dominic started to have deep slam runs only in 2016/2017 while Andy's (up till now - maybe he'll still add to his resume, he's still not done) last slam SF was at RG 2017.

But yeah, some lowlifes will keep hating either Domi or Andy no matter what. Such is life.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Thiem will have a better career than JMDP, but I don't know if I'll rank him the better player.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Not even close. Not until he beats one of them in GS Finals.

There are only two points on MTF spectrum: over-bandwagonning or ruins😂👌

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not even close. Not until he beats one of them in GS Finals.

There are only two points on MTF spectrum: over-bandwagonning or ruins😂👌
Says the guy who only appears when Djokovic is winning

Reactions: Cloren

·
Registered
589 Posts
Murray and Djoker sacrificed and sometimes embarrassed themselves. They paid their dues for success, unlike Fed. Fed’s cakewalk draws are infamous.
Thiem‘s very strong and he had some lucky matches. His serve needs improvement. If he still has troubles, he won’t get many Slam chances.
The media messed with Med, and he suffered terrible losses at a younger age. Usually, when the media degrades you and tries to rattle you, you deserve a lot of Slams and you get revenge.
He’ll have many chances to win Slams, even if he doesn’t get his way this time.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts