Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
He beat Zverev in Final and Tsitsipas can't win over Novak on clay even.

Mean Dominic is REAL # 3?
Thiem is not even number 10 idiot. He has to win another 12 slams to even be CONSIDERED. Which he neverwill of course.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thiem is from a completely different era so he will never be part of the big 3 being Federer, Nadal and Djokovic.

·
Registered
16,915 Posts
He can be a member of the New Big3: Tsitsipas, Medvedev and himself, but only if they'll win at least half of Djokovic's current slams each and will be able to dominate the field.

I give that 10% chance of happening, even after Nadal/Djokovic retirement.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
If Djokovic loses today he's the real number 1 because nobody has earned more points in Grand Slams this year than him

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Well the big 3 is more of a term for the 3 dominant players of this era; Federer, Nadal & Djokovic. If you're saying that he's one of the 3 best players at the moment I'd agree, I think there's an argument for him being the 2nd best player in fact.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well, many considered thiem part of the big 3 contenders during this tournament and he is clearly the 3rd best player in the world right now. Murray was part of the "big 4" in 2008-2013, it doesn't mean dom is close to the other achievements just that he is a consistent dominate force in the top for a while. We will see how he follows it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts