Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His draw is fairly easy being a 250 clay event. If he plays his best he should win.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We really need this new group of 20 and younger to get a title, to spice up tennis. Could be a great generation.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Unfortunately, Thiem is still mentally poor (read: too many ups and downs in matches and from a match to another), he is not reliable. He could beat anyone on a good day and could lose to any Top 200 in a mediocre/bad day. He lacks consistency.
He'll have it all with experience. Give him 2 or 3 years and he'll be ready to win big titles. But if he can win 250's/500's until then, that would be great too!

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Thiem said after the Troicki match that he's very tired from the first part of the season where he was playing qualies every week. If he's not 100% fit I can't see him going all the way but it's a good opportunity.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One down four to go. Ok Thiem was super inconsistent but he also hit many incredible winners. I've never seen anyone with so much consistent power, shot after shot. Needs to vary the pace a bit more.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Stop that jinx please :weirdo:

If he plays like he did today against Vesely he will lose 2-6 1-6.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Unfortunately, Thiem is still mentally poor (read: too many ups and downs in matches and from a match to another), he is not reliable. He could beat anyone on a good day and could lose to any Top 200 in a mediocre/bad day. He lacks consistency.
He'll have it all with experience. Give him 2 or 3 years and he'll be ready to win big titles. But if he can win 250's/500's until then, that would be great too!
To be fair: Dom is losing most of the times to players who are better ranked than him (besides Troicki - who was a Top 20-player, Gombos and on Grass).

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Thiem was and is my pick for this tournament too. I would love a Goffin vs Thiem title but hopefully Dominic wins it in front of his home crowd :yeah:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
goffin should beat him

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking very good for Thiem. I expected this because of the draw and his setback due to illness. This guy is ready to win titles.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was just a mater of time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts