Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘He’s one of the three top favourites.', says Dominic Thiem, referring to Roger Federer.

‘First of all he is amazing on all surfaces and his record on clay is pretty stunning. He reached so many semi-finals and finals.

‘If there wouldn’t be Rafa he would be on six or seven French Open titles. That was his only problem, I would say.

‘He’s playing amazing tennis again. He won Dubai, finals Indian Wells, he won Miami.He just has to adjust on the clay, I think he’s practicing now on the clay and I think he will come out very strong in Madrid and French Open.’
---------

Thiem dropping truth bombs everywhere...he sees everything, no? :yeah:

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Greatest on clay among fastcourterers, but Thiem is surely humbletrolling RAFA-style. Would be such a lolworthy event should Domibot somehow concoct a loss to the old backhandslicerer bones.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Thiem already reaching neu hights since ditching Bresnik.

Keep the Federer worshipping coming, you legend. And don't forget to roast Nadal in Rome and/or Madrid.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Thiem is well known for over-the-top-praising of Federer, he also did this when beating him back-to-back in 2016. As long as he doesn't bend over in matches I'm fine with it.

As for RG, it's clearly Djokovic, Ralph, Thiem, Wawrinka, big gap. Then probably Zverev, even though this tournament (PC in particular) completely works against his strengths, Tsitsipas and maybe Fred.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
That's a strange statement for sure. Betfair (Exchange) odds are probably the most accurate, we have:
Rafa Nadal 2.02
Nole Djokovic 3.65
Dom Thiem 14
Rogie Federer 25
Sasha Zverev 29.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Thiem should really focus on his game and stop talking like a little boy who adores his father Fed. Thiem needs to be ready if he plays against Fed. I hope he doesn't bend over.

It is just silly. Does he get that he is one of the favorites too :explode:?

Do not idolize anybody. You are a pro player. You play to win.

I mean, I can understand if you are a young boy who just started playing tennis. That's fine.

·
Registered
573 Posts
That's a strange statement for sure. Betfair (Exchange) odds are probably the most accurate, we have:
Rafa Nadal 2.02
Nole Djokovic 3.65
Dom Thiem 14
Rogie Federer 25
Sasha Zverev 29.
Well, maybe not so strange after all. Obviously, as people have already noted, Thiem is taking a page out of Rafa's book, and not counting himself among the favorites. If we accept this as a starting point, Thiem seems to have read the odds correctly.

With Thiem not counting himself, your list indeed confirms that Federer is number three among the remaining betting favorites, just slightly ahead of Zverev. Whether betters (and Thiem) should be trusted or not is another issue. :wink2:

·
Registered
878 Posts
When a RG top 3 contender choses someone else for his position... How could he not include himself after Nadal and Djoko?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Thiem should really focus on his game and stop talking like a little boy who adores his father Fed. Thiem needs to be ready if he plays against Fed. I hope he doesn't bend over.

It is just silly. Does he get that he is one of the favorites too :explode:?

Do not idolize anybody. You are a pro player. You play to win.

I mean, I can understand if you are a young boy who just started playing tennis. That's fine.
Check their H2H

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
He's wrong, but only because he's placing himself in an underdog position. It's Nadal, Djokovic, Thiem, Federer, imo. I guess you can go for Zverev but at least Federer has proven he can win a slam and Zverev has almost proven the opposite. And Wawrinka is still on the way back, he may proof himself ready during the clay season but bit early to say.

That being said, I think the "chance" of Federer getting to the SF is lower than 50%.

·
justice for all
13,124 Posts
Dominic just wanted to be nice (he and Roger are good friends). He doesn't bend over to anyone.

And he doesn't want to put additional pressure on himself. This strategy might work. It will.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thiem is well known for over-the-top-praising of Federer, he also did this when beating him back-to-back in 2016. As long as he doesn't bend over in matches I'm fine with it.

As for RG, it's clearly Djokovic, Ralph, Thiem, Wawrinka, big gap. Then probably Zverev, even though this tournament (PC in particular) completely works against his strengths, Tsitsipas and maybe Fred.
How does Wawrinka fit in with those other 3? Lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts