Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
I mean he could, he has the tools to do so. But whoever wins the US Open final will also have to deal with the pressure of being a grand slam champion, which is a bit different.

Registered
Hold your horses, let him win his first slam first. He lost many big finals so there is no guarantee he will win on Sunday. And when was the last time a player won his second slam right after winning his first? Did it even happen in the OE?

Reactions: sav001

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I mean he could, he has the tools to do so. But whoever wins the US Open final will also have to deal with the pressure of being a grand slam champion, which is a bit different.
I mean Med and Sasha is really unstable player and have not very strong champion's character unlike Thiem on GS!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hold your horses, let him win his first slam first. He lost many big finals so there is no guarantee he will win on Sunday. And when was the last time a player won his second slam right after winning his first? Did it even happen in the OE?
BUT We ALL know it's will be 5th (?) GS for Thiem in virtual life!!!))

Registered
That's a kool thought that's not happening unless Nadal doesn't show his face on RG and the pandemic drags on until 2021 (which is possible) and a whole bunch of players skip again...

Registered
don't know(
On topic: Ofc he CAN win both, he's (atm) the current finalist of both (+RG). And he's a great player obviously, he isn't fluking his runs.

No offense, I just noticed everyone is into projections months in advance as US Open was coming to a close.

Registered
Nothing to do w/ a guy who has never made it to a GS final until yesterday. Many factors go into winning B2B majors & going deep in one makes it that much harder in the next esp. if Thiem battles for 4/5 sets w/ his labor intensive style, whether he wins or loses, naturally don鈥檛 see him as fresh for FO. As for AO, as usual there will b much more time for all the contenders to b prepared but having been denied both WB & USO w/ less chance at FO will only force Novak to defend it & much more on the ball & wary of Thiem if facing each other even if Greenset suits Thiem better than previous Plexicushion where he was never a factor.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Nothing to do w/ a guy who has never made it to a final until yesterday. Many factors go into winning B2B majors & going deep in one makes it that much harder in the next esp. if Thiem battles for 4/5 sets w/ his labor intensive style, whether he wins or loses, don鈥檛 see him as fresh for FO. As for AO, as usual there will b much more time for all the contenders to b prepared but having been denied both WB & USO w/ less chance at FO will only force Novak to defend it & much more on the ball vs Thiem if facing each other even if Greenset suits Thiem better than previous Plexicushion where he was never a factor.
Djoker can lost AO I'm afraid...

Your visions will happen
I hate these jinxing, anti-jinxing, hyping, bandwagoning threads.

Let鈥檚 not look past tomorrow鈥檚 USO final. @Johnny Groove
Gotta focus on the yoga session first, then the women's USO finals, then we got some basketball tonight, I have 2 training sessions, THEN we watch the Thiem-Med match, plenty to take care of beforehand. As we saw with Djokovic, nothing is guaranteed

JG isn't even looking past tonight's dinner.
Not looking past this next bowl I'm about to smoke

1 - 19 of 19 Posts