Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
He's got a chance, but he will have to avoid the mental dip that follows after him beating one of the Big 3. Luckily, the match after that was against Zverev, so I think Thiem should be ready in the final.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,937 Posts
There’s no need to add a ‘maiden’ here. He’s never beaten both of them en route to win a Slam

·
25,425 Posts
Just a reminder that Stan was the first player to beat both Nadal and Djokovic to win a Slam title, correct me if I'm wrong...so being in his 1st AO Final like Stan did means chances of this happening are good, I might say.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Imagine if Thiem does get by Nole here and then somebody takes out Nadal at the French and Thiem pounces.

Would anyone ever dream of Thiem going into Wimbledon with half of a 'grand slam' already completed?

Then we can talk about Thiem doing what Federer.... or even Nadal have both NEVER done.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Imagine if Thiem does get by Nole here and then somebody takes out Nadal at the French and Thiem pounces.

Would anyone ever dream of Thiem going into Wimbledon with half of a 'grand slam' already completed?

Then we can talk about Thiem doing what Federer.... or even Nadal have both NEVER done.
this scenario sounds exactly like those wet dreams i am having ;)

Reactions: guitarra

·
justice for all
18,925 Posts
Just a reminder that Stan was the first player to beat both Nadal and Djokovic to win a Slam title, correct me if I'm wrong...so being in his 1st AO Final like Stan did means chances of this happening are good, I might say.
Stan set a high mark. It's a tall task but let's see. There's always the first time. So should he do it that would be epic.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Fed also didn't beat Nadal and Federer en route to the title, one of the achievements he lacks to be an undisputed GOAT. I mean, not beating Fedal in their prime kinda diminishes it for me...

·
Registered
3,732 Posts

:LOL: Peak MTF jinx. Thiem hasn't won a slam yet and he's already hyped for 4 in a row.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts