Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At FO this year Nadal won't have the advantage of facing a weak opponent in SF and then playing the final fresh as a daisy.
He will have to defeat Thiem in SF and then a well rested Djokovic in the final (provided he can beat Thiem).

·
|
15,026 Posts
Anyway, Rafa takes a dump on everyone at the French Open, no matter what round.
In fact Thiem was as fresh as a daisy at the AO and still struggled to a 76 46 76 76 victory at Rafa's worst slam.....and that was after Rafa endured a very tough 4-setter with Kyrgios.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Seeds 3 and 4 are randomly drawn against seeds 1 and 2, so this has no effect.
/thread.

But before closing it. Drag it outside by the hairs, take it to the serenguetti, have it stomped by massive stampede of wildbeest , have it read the drawing system 100 times , and then write 100 lines "seeds 3 and 4 are random".

Jk mate :) just making a Clay Death tribute

·
Registered
61 Posts
At FO this year Nadal won't have the advantage of facing a weak opponent in SF and then playing the final fresh as a daisy.
He will have to defeat Thiem in SF and then a well rested Djokovic in the final (provided he can beat Thiem).
How do you know this exactly? There are 5 m1000 events between now and FO plus some 500 events. Thats 5000 points up for grabs.

Assuming you have knowledge of the draw in paris that no.2 will play no.3 in semi final how do you know the top 3 will be in that order?

·
Banned
1,319 Posts
Before anyone jumps in (a few already did) laughing at the seed thing - I tell you theres something else to laugh about.

I tell you this:

Thiem averages no more than 2,625 games against the eventual winner. The RG winners over the countless years have played endless (16 - sixteen) sets against Thiem and Thiem has not averaged more than 2,625 games per set.

Pretty ugly stat? Pretty ugly stat.

·
Registered
10,944 Posts
So there will be once again a rigged draw to favor Nadal?
Disgraceful.
Unfortunately you are correct. NIke will do everything in their power to avoid Rafa vs. Dom SF at RG.

If there is a bookie accepting such bet, I will bet 1000 bucks that Novak will draw Dominic for the SF

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
At Roland Garros it doesnt matter who Nadal gets if he is in this form.
It matters a lot for any 34 y.o. player whether he has got an easier RG SF and a more tired opponent in the final or two very tough rubbers instead vs fresh opponents, not just for RG outcome but also for the freshness and possibilty of persisting niggling injuries at Wimb thereafter.

·
Registered
16,925 Posts
Once again, RG's historic importance will rise this year, as Djokovic will attempt the DCGS at this event.
If he catches fire and a consistent high level, even a high level Thiem won't be a problem in the semis.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I hope Nadal gets Tsitsipas - Thiem - Djokovic so it get interesting

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I hope to see Domi in Nole's half again this year. Better Rafa inflate his RG count even more than Nole get another RG.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It matters a lot for any 34 y.o. player whether he has got an easier RG SF and a more tired opponent in the final or two very tough rubbers instead vs fresh opponents, not just for RG outcome but also for the freshness and possibilty of persisting niggling injuries at Wimb thereafter.
Nadal is not a contender at Wimbledon. Yes he has done well past couple of years but conditions have been hot which baked the courts. If its cool this year and rains more he will go out early.

Nadal and Djokovic are still untouchable in conditions that suit them . Both are much more vulnerable in conditions less favourable. I can see Djokovic going out early in Paris and Nadal going out early in SW19 but both winning the event they like best.

The idea that the Next Gen will win a Major this year is misguided. Nadal and Djokovic have everything in their hands. It is a shame Federer Murray and Del potro are all injured. It is robbing the sport.

·
justice for all
15,293 Posts
So there will be once again a rigged draw to favor Nadal?
Disgraceful.
Unfortunately you are correct. NIke will do everything in their power to avoid Rafa vs. Dom SF at RG.

If there is a bookie accepting such bet, I will bet 1000 bucks that Novak will draw Dominic for the SF
Sadly I have to agree with both of you. If RG cheats have a choice they'll rig it and put Dominic in Djokovic's half.
Not that it's worse for Dominic - I think it's pretty much all the same to play Djokovic - Nadal or Nadal - Djokovic ? but it's shameful how they try to do everything to ensure Nadal keeps his RG dominance as long as possible.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Sadly I have to agree with both of you. If RG cheats have a choice they'll rig it and put Dominic in Djokovic's half.
Not that it's worse for Dominic - I think it's pretty much all the same to play Djokovic - Nadal or Nadal - Djokovic ? but it's shameful how they try to do everything to ensure Nadal keeps his RG dominance as long as possible.
It is not quite the same IMO, it is better to play Nadal in SF (or even in QF if Thiem were seed no.5), because Djokovic might lose before the final or be pretty tired after tough QF/SF combo, and to beat fit Nadal Thiem has to be as fresh as possible.

Of course, if making another RG final is the first goal (and its 1200 points), rather than beating Nadal, it is better to be in the opposite half from Nadal again, as in 2018 and 2019.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts