Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
23,039 Posts
It seems he's a late tester, meaning there may be a chance he's just recovering right now -- hope that's the case, making me wonder if there are other players too who have been fighting the illness already without them knowing.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
How does he know it's not just the flu or a head cold?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Because he looks and sounds perfectly healthy. Healthy and strong enough to take the time to make and post this video. Usually sick people are bedridden and suffering, not smiling and making social media videos.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Why would he bother to get tested with no symptoms? On a side note, he sure does look and sound a lot like Federer. Like Fed's baby brother. Or illegitmate son with Linda Harvey Wild :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why would he bother to get tested with no symptoms? On a side note, he sure does look and sound a lot like Federer. Like Fed's baby brother. Or illegitmate son with Linda Harvey Wild :)
He had symptoms, but only explained that on the portuguese video

·
23,039 Posts
The virus has a high incubation period, meaning you may not get symptoms until 2 weeks, more or less -- knowing you have it while being asymptomatic (i.e. no symptoms) means you can quarantine and not spread the virus who can be susceptible.to it quite more.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Looks and sounds healthy as a horse in the english video. Funny how every celebrity (hanks, Elba, etc) who claims they have the virus are strong and healthy enough to make the video. Almost seems like a celebrity endorsement tv commercial for building fame. Funny how Wild shows his asics logo in his video.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Looks and sounds healthy as a horse in the english video. Funny how every celebrity (hanks, Elba, etc) who claims they have the virus are strong and healthy enough to make the video. Almost seems like a celebrity endorsement tv commercial for building fame. Funny how Wild shows his asics logo in his video.
Educate yourself, will you? Many younger people will only have mild symptoms. That doesn't mean they won't infect others if they don't isolate themselves. And older or sick people won't only have mild symptoms. That's the whole freaking point. Jeez.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Is that what the media told you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I s
Because he looks and sounds perfectly healthy. Healthy and strong enough to take the time to make and post this video. Usually sick people are bedridden and suffering, not smiling and making social media videos.
I suggest reading more on the Vi
He did get symptoms. He mentioned on the video

·
Registered
57,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My mom and one of my best friends are medical workers. Putting aside the fact that there have been reports that young people can get sicker than originally thought (a few deaths in NY yesterday were in their 30s, and a teen died), yes obviously younger people can get it and infect others. In fact, the most robust testing scheme, South Korea, showed that MOSTLY younger people got it but many were barely sick or even asymptomatic, so countries with more limited tests have largely missed them. They in turn infect older, more vulnerable people.

My friend's ICU wing has been turned into JUST a covid ward. People are already dying there. This is in an area that theoretically isn't very hard-hit yet, but the media is actually behind on reporting the severity of the crisis, because they only report hard numbers of confirmed infections and deaths. But many dozens more are suspected to have it, but haven't yet got test results back (or, in earlier cases, couldn't get tested at all). Hopsitals are probably days away from being completely overwhelmed.

·
10,118 Posts
SuperG you are a troll. Somehow you have ended up on Wikipedia with your Facing Books.

Maybe we need to have a Facing Scoop Malinksi book?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts