Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The state of tennis is rather sad at the moment, I can't see any serious competition to Djokovic in the majors.

As we've just seen we can't expect Federer to beat Djokovic in a major anymore. Despite Federer being the clearly more talented player, Djokovic being six years younger is just much stronger physically and more consistent from the baseline.

Wawrinka is not young anymore and is inconsistent. He can beat Djokovic on a good day but this is a rather rare occurrence.

Murray also has not shown any promising ability to consistently beat Djokovic.

I can't see anybody else coming up the ranks that can challenge Djokovic in the next 2 years.

So sadly we are stuck with Djokovic playing his boring game and winning majors for the next 2 years I think.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Djokovic was brilliant today. Just sublime. He has more talent in his serve than Federer does in his entire game nowadays. I'm impressed Federer managed to pull off some of those points, but cornered animals are dangerous. He's not cut out for ballbashing for sure.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Murray needs to get a pair of balls

·
Registered
360 Posts
Murray and Wawrinka are probably the only players who can beat Novak. Federer has a mental block against Novak.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Murray needs to summon up the god of the winds at the US Open so Windray can take out Novak.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Djokovic was brilliant today. Just sublime. He has more talent in his serve than Federer does in his entire game nowadays. I'm impressed Federer managed to pull off some of those points, but cornered animals are dangerous. He's not cut out for ballbashing for sure.
Change that stupid signature of yours... :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
He's just too good at the moment. i think he has 2-3 years more of dominance. since no one else can seem to come up with the goods.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I think Murray could have beaten him here maybe and Stan on his day can but it is a weak era we are in and will be for another four or five years.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Djokovic was brilliant today. Just sublime. He has more talent in his serve than Federer does in his entire game nowadays.
That is quite a way off the mark. It is clear that Federer still holds the talent balance by some way. With age though, we are looking at the fragile nature of genius vs the reliability of a rock solid game.

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
Everyone blowing their load yesterday, and suddenly, Novak has no competition :haha: :haha: :haha:

Expected :yeah:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
His competition are ball bashers.

There are many can trouble him.

The regular players like Murray, Nadal and Federer are safe to play with.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Sorry man, I lost a bet against 17*-6*-302* and I'm stuck with it for 6 months from the French open final.
(*weak era records)
Haha, sorry, did not know that. :)
Good man for keeping your word.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Everyone blowing their load yesterday, and suddenly, Novak has no competition :haha: :haha: :haha:

Expected :yeah:
True that :D

Nole was going to be destroyed by Peakerer. But now he'll become olderer. haha, expected I guess.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:haha: :haha: :haha: Butthurtt tards as usual. Get over yourselves guy just beat Murray and Fed for his 2 slams this year. If you never know he has lost slam titles to them before.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts