Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...in 2008 that is. With mens game stronger than it was for past 5-6 years I think 2008 will be a bloodbath! This year will mirror the motion picture to the letter, and Fed is the lead actor (Day Lewis). It will end with Fed bashing Novak to death with a racket in the USO final. Fed's final words will be: "I'm finished"...that would be a fitting ending to a glorious career :)

Fed's last words: "I'm finished"

...Feel free to discuss.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm having trouble figure it out which one will say "I'm finished"

Roger said he'd play until 35 or at least 2012 Olympic.
Rafa is in a very good form and can take #1 spot.
Novak just won his first slam and I see more coming.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Open doesn't necessarily (and IMO in this case certainly does not) mean stronger. One could just as well say that the game has been reduced to a such a sorry state where on any given day the 'top' player is no different from the 100th rank player.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I am afraid that this belongs to the "Suggestions to Mr. Disney" thread :eek: :bolt:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Who the hell is Novak compared to Roger or even Rafa????
That clown won a Slam because Federer was recent ill, and Rafa was playing is lowest level in 4 years...so don't say more stupid things, I don't think Novak will win any more Slam this year...

·
28,747 Posts
Open doesn't necessarily (and IMO in this case certainly does not) mean stronger. One could just as well say that the game has been reduced to a such a sorry state where on any given day the 'top' player is no different from the 100th rank player.
:haha:

Who the hell is Novak compare to Roger or even Rafa????
That clown won a Slam because Federer was recent ill, and Rafa was playing is lowest level in 4 years...so don't say more stupid things, I don't think Novak will win any more Slam this year...
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

·
Registered
580 Posts
:haha:

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
I apologise for not being so blinded by jealously and envy that I can't appreciate a player's ability. That's why I ignore the fact that top players train just as hard as their peers and just support underdogs because I can relate.:rolleyes: In seriousness, I personally would find it to be a tragedy when any sport degenerates to the stage when Sampras-Bhupathi * specials become common place.

*(or whichever 100+ ranked player it was who beat Pete)

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
yeah, yeah. Federer a few months ago said something like this "He is only 20 and he has alreasdy done so much. In fact he has done more than I did when I was his age."

So, you said???

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
yeah, yeah. Federer a few months ago said something like this "He is only 20 and he has alreasdy done so much. In fact he has done more than I did when I was his age."

So, you said???
When are people gonna understand that being precocious doesn't mean shit... novak's gonna be a pretty great player because he has a complete game and the mental to go with it, that's it.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Yeah, who is he :lol:?

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
One slam in a year is quite good. I think that is what Rafa has had for the last three years. :)

Now, if you are saying Novak is a one slam wonder, we will just have to wait and see.

If you don't recognize Novak's talent, that's ok too. People who are knowlegable about tennis do recognize it, and most importantly, Novak's opponents recognize it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Novak also has Sharapova to go with him, so he has tendency to lose in first/second rounds! Novak, Novak! :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
One slam in a year is quite good. I think that is what Rafa has had for the last three years. :)

Now, if you are saying Novak is a one slam wonder, we will just have to wait and see.

If you don't recognize Novak's talent, that's ok too. People who are knowlegable about tennis do recognize it, and most importantly, Novak's opponents recognize it.
I love Novak but I must say this for fun:
Kevin didn't recognize Novak's talent :haha::haha:

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
When are people gonna understand that being precocious doesn't mean shit... novak's gonna be a pretty great player because he has a complete game and the mental to go with it, that's it.
I wasnt saying he is good because he is precocious. I was just trying to show that even federer compares himself to djokovic. (or djokovic to him).

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

I love your new avi. Too cute :)

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
I love Novak but I must say this for fun:
Kevin didn't recognize Novak's talent :haha::haha:
I get the joke, but you are daft if you think Kevin doesn't know he defeated a very talented player. I'm sure he was thrilled. And, if Kevin, who is also talented, can keep beating players of Djokovic's caliber, he will do very well for himself on the tour. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts