1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
2004 French
Myskina defeat Dementieva
Sharapova makes her first slam QF
Kuznetsova makes her first slam R4

There was another all-Russian final in 2009 (Kuznetsova defeat Safina), and Safin grew up on clay. Petrova & Davydenko also arguably had their best shot at a slam at the FO around this time

Reactions: bilentsob

·
9,527 Posts
Karatsev is not great of course but seems to be clay is his best surface

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Karatsev is not great of course but seems to be clay is his best surface
My guy Aslan (see avatar) actually prefers indoor hard, but being super awesome, will kill it on all surfaces. two spots away from MD in Antalya and like 7 seven spots away from MD at the Australian Open. 😎

·
9,527 Posts
My guy Aslan (see avatar) actually prefers indoor hard, but being super awesome, will kill it on all surfaces. two spots away from MD in Antalya and like 7 seven spots away from MD at the Australian Open. 😎
Lol i only went off statistically as i remembered good clay run so i checked explorer before posting.

Oh damn. I assumed he would make both. I imagine he will make AO MD with withdrawals? Hope so. He deserves based on level of play

Reactions: Matthieu

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Lol i only went off statistically as i remembered good clay run so i checked explorer before posting.

Oh damn. I assumed he would make both. I imagine he will make AO MD with withdrawals? Hope so. He deserves based on level of play
I know there are some other guys to mention, but he had one of the best challenger runs in 2020, especially after the re-start. If there is an in-form guy, he's it, and doing it at a "relatively" late age.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts