Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Federer will trash Dull, Shitrev, and everyone else in the tournament assuming he sustains his Djokovic match level. Of course if he plays like he did in the other 2 matches, then that’s a different story lol.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Why Medvedev would tank ? Absolutely no reason, he does not want to finish his first WTF final with 3 defeats, he will fight for the 200 points, try to remain number 4 at the ATP and get some more dollars. He will play without any pressure.
Actually, it is Zverev who has everything to lose here tonight.

·
6,481 Posts
Obviously the outcome effects A Zverev much more, and will be more motivated.
Medvedev though is playing for himself, so will want to win, and improve his H2H with Zverev as well.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
seriously, if he doesn't show effort he will lose my respect. i don't give a flying [email protected]#$ about the embarrasing choke yesterday - it happens to the best. but i cannot tolerate a lack of effort tonight

·
|
15,003 Posts
Obviously the outcome effects A Zverev much more, and will be more motivated.
Medvedev though is playing for himself, so will want to win, and improve his H2H with Zverev as well.
Motivation didn't work in Zverev's previous match, because Zverev looked timid and spiritless, and that was a hugely important match.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Medvedev won't tank, not with 200 points up for grabs which could well be the difference between being seeded 4th or 5th at the AO.

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
Registered
16,861 Posts
Seriously why should he play for dull after USO and WTF? I would lose in straight to Zverev no matter what.
That's what he exactly did o_O :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is why I am the greatest analyst on MensTennisForums dot com (Powered by XenForo)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
If every player tanked the matches that MTF expected them to, we could shut down The ATP altogether. How often Do I have to stress that players don’t compete for others!?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts