Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thiem was better than Rafa this year. No doubt about it. And he will be better next year too most likely.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Is there some inside joke or why do 50% of the people write Theim instead of Thiem?

I See that even in German boards... it doesn't even make sense with pronunciation or auto correct...

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
wow that theim must be good

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Thiem was better than Rafa this year. No doubt about it. And he will be better next year too most likely.
And it was mostly decided because Rafa didnt want to play US open this year.. otherwise he would have needed just SF to be a "better" player than Thiem (highly likely)

·
Read Only
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
More proof of what a joke this years rankings are, he didnt have to defend his us open title. Should of lost 2000 points, he wasnt injured.

If you cant lose points for the next year or two, rankings arent going to ever change.

wow that theim must be good
He is the people's number 1

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thiem and Kenin are the biggest losers with COVID rankings and Federer and Andreescu are the biggest winners.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I agree the rankings for covid are stupid and as mentioned above if Djovokic didn’t have such a large gap in points earned this year there could of been a big issue with him holding number 1.

I think the ATP overthought the whole thing. In my opinion it was pretty simple what needed to happen. Freeze the 2019 points for any tournament not held. But have points dropped and the regathered at events held just like a normal season.

But what’s done is done and pretty sure Nadal and Theim would just swap 2 & 3 which isn’t really to much of an issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nadal lost 7 straight years on hardcourt vs. Djoker. He was pounded every time on hardcourt this year, and had 1 really awful clay tournament. He would’ve lost to #20-35 players on grass. He doesn’t deserve a higher rank.
Nadal lost narrowly, against Nole in 2018 and in 4 sets against Federer in 2019, respectively on grass..
Your statement does not make any sense!

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Here is comparison of the official ranking and ranking of 2020 points only:

Yes, in 2020 alone Thiem is ahead of Nadal, who is just slightly ahead of Medvedev. I'm glad that all top8 players of 2020 were in ATP finals (as it should be).
BTW, congrats to Novak Djokovic on winning proper YE#1 race and becoming the best player of the year for the 6th time (y). He achieved a decent advantage of over 2000 pts ahead of the second player.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
The rankings will be back to normal next year, so Nadal won't be able to rely on any previous clay points to keep him up near the top when he loses early than usual in the next clay season. Thiem will overtake him, no doubt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts