Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
''Yips or the yips is an expression used to describe the apparent loss of certain fine motor skills seemingly without explanation in one of a number of different sports.
Professional or leading amateur sportsmen affected by the Yips sometimes recover their ability, sometimes compensate by changing technique, or may be forced to abandon their sport at the highest level.''

They say THe WORD should not be said at all..it's kind of forbiden in tennis...but I know Luke Wilson likes to say it a lot..Actually the yips belong much more to the WTA tour and probably the most affected part is Serving..for example Ivanovic, also Dementieva and a couple of other girls...
But does anyone recall any tour guys that developed this nasty issue and had big problems with it maybe never even recovering to the fullest??
The most known example to me is Coria....

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
It did in Coria's career

Service yips to the point where the wrong foot is landing after the serve is pretty damn extreme even for yips.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Coria :sad:. Miss him so much.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Davydenko had serving yips for a while a couple or three years ago.
:rolleyes: Fixerenko has never had a good serve in the first place. I can name WTA players who can outserve this bald clown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts