Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
he has figured out how to beat nadal, he has beaten him several times :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
This is the part that caught my attention:
Levine, who is Jewish, had questions about flying to an Arab country. "For sure I had it in mind, but I talked about that with my parents and people that had been to Dubai, and it's a very safe country. And I know other Jewish people that have been there."

I was about to bump up the thread "Dubai is rich in politics", but it's been locked.

Interesting that Levine had no difficulty getting a visa. Good for him, what an experience.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Levine is a US citizen. It's the Israeli nationals who apparently cannot play in Dubai (and Doha either, I think). It's not the religion, it's the country (and the passport).

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Levine is a US citizen. It's the Israeli nationals who apparently cannot play in Dubai (and Doha either, I think). It's not the religion, it's the country (and the passport).
That is not correct.
If a US citizen has an Israeli visa in their passport or otherwise indications of close ties, they are high probability of rejection.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
They can play in the Dubai ATP event though.
Yes, that is what they say, but I don't think anyone has tried yet. Have any of the women tried to play the WTA event?

That is not correct.
If a US citizen has an Israeli visa in their passport or otherwise indications of close ties, they are high probability of rejection.
I'm confused. Are you saying if a US citizen has gone to Israel for a visit, then they may not be allowed into Dubai? Seriously?

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Passport Requirements for Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Embassy of the United Arab Emirates, 3522 International Court, NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC 20008 (202/243-2400). Internet: UAEembassy.org
Guests with Israel passports may not enter UAE.
Guests who hold US Passports and have an Israel stamp in their passport MAY enter UAE.
(caps not mine)
It is not an emphasis MAY, but a dubious MAY. (You can google up more infor)

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Dubai Visa Requirements

If your passport has an Israeli stamp you will not get a visa. For your visa you would need your passport, a copy of your Dubai visa application form that must be duly filled in with all relevant details and relevant signatures, 2 photographs, a letter from your sponsor and the original and a duplicate of the letter from your company.​

http://www.visit-dubai-city.com/dubai-visa.html

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Thanks for that info. I'm just going to :tape: now before I get my blood all a-boiling again. :)

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
Dubai are jokers, always playing practical jokes on the rest of us. Good one, boys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts