Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1024 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, I know most of them are drugged up with something and as much as I hate that aspect, I still appreciate the sport, like anything some events more than other.

It's good that the Champs are in Osaka, better time for me to watch it. They usually try harder at the these Champs before the Olympics, whereas the one after the Olympics, aren't as good usually.

Talk about your heroes, ones you love to hate and whatever event, except the race walk which is only entertaining when there are disqualifications.

This sprinter from Slovenia, Alenka Bikar won't win any medals, but she wins in other areas, as shown below.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: The Athletics Thread. World Champs in Osaka coming up

Good to see Asafa Powell back running again, though he has had limited preparation and Tyson Gay has stepped up in the 100m to challenge him.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

Kluft and Isinbayeva are my fave :rocker2:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Isinbayeva, she is even more dominant than Federer in her event, it will take something special for her not to win another major medal, but they will catch up to her eventually.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

Isinbayeva, she is even more dominant than Federer in her event, it will take something special for her not to win another major medal, but they will catch up to her eventually.
The thing is that we don't know how high she can really go, it's all about records and bluff but for me, the others can't reach her level.
There won't be a new queen until she retires, unless she's injured :sad: which of course i hope won't occur.

B

·
0 Posts

Steve Hooker for gold in the pole vault!!!

·
Tênis Mambembe
36,773 Posts

The thing is that we don't know how high she can really go, it's all about records and bluff but for me, the others can't reach her level.
There won't be a new queen until she retires, unless she's injured :sad: which of course i hope won't occur.
she is the best, no doubt, however women pole vault is a new discipline (that's why she breaks so much records :p), so probably she won't hold the record for much time after her retirement.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

She follows the Bubka method, improve the record by 1cm and get more cash in doing so. This being said Bubka only ever 1 Olympic Gold which isn't enough for a man of his abilities.

All it takes for the wind not to be right, an injury beforehand, but she is so clear of everyone in the event it's not funny.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Steve Hooker for gold in the pole vault!!!
He's better than Burgess, who seems to freeze on the big occasion, though Burgess has cleared the magical 6m barrier.

Apart from Pittman on the track, the Aussies to get any medals need to do it in the field events.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

she is the best, no doubt, however women pole vault is a new discipline (that's why she breaks so much records :p), so probably she won't hold the record for much time after her retirement.
:p As long as she has it when she is in the competition, it's ok for me :lol:

My lovely swede team Olsson-Bergqvist-Kluft-Kristiansson-Holm

And Doucouré of course!

·
In hiding.
19,116 Posts

Bikar :worship: :lol:

We also have Snežana Rodić (now married to former Portsmouth player Aleksander Rodić), who will compete in triple jump, which is quite an achievement since she's coming back after giving birth to her first child.
She's quite the looker too:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts

Andreas Thorkildsen:worship:

Marian Oprea:D

·
Registered
97,201 Posts

Big hooray for the athletics thread!

Korzeniowski, brilliant walker, awful sport TV boss :retard:

I guess if Pyrek doesn't win a medal, we won't have any medal.

Meseret Defar :worship: Dibaba sisters :inlove: Kenenisa Bekele :music: Christian Olsson :p

·
Registered
409 Posts

I love athletics and this is my all time fave athlete... Michael Johnson

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thorkildsen is the only Norwegian hope for a medal at the Champs, the good ones we had are retired now and maybe he can medal again.

His girlfriend is a 20 yr old hurdler from Norway, Vukicevic, but apart from that we are crap.

Steinar Hoen should come out of retirement. The mens high jump is a joke, when you see these clowns not clearing 2,28 in perfect conditions there are problems.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I love athletics and this is my all time fave athlete... Michael Johnson

Eddie Murphy.

·
In hiding.
19,116 Posts

Tatyana Lysenko, world record holder in hammer throw failed a dope test in May, will not take part in Osaka. Ekaterina Khoroshikh, former U23 hammer throw champion, also failed a test.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Thanks to Milan for this one as well, the woman with the great white hair Jolanda Ceplak failed a test for EPO.

Speaking of other testing failures. Has Kostas Kederis actually retired, it seems he is free to compete now, but is probably still in hiding or has got fat.

Then there was the Turkish female runner Ayhan who should be back at some point soon after her husband interfered with drug testing.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts

Speaking of other testing failures. Has Kostas Kederis actually retired, it seems he is free to compete now, but is probably still in hiding or has got fat.
Oh I would love to see Obikwelu ripping his ass a new one in the 200m. :sad:

About Portugal: Obikwelu looks clearly the big contender for the bronze medal in the 100m behind Powell and Gay and in the 200m, he may get silver behind Gay. He pretends to go back to 400m (his original race) next year. I have no idea if Naide Gomes is going for the heptathlon or just the long jump. Either way she should get a medal. Nelson Evora is also a big contender for a medal in triple jump. Other chances of medals are Rui Silva (1500m), who ends up getting bronze in every big competition and in the Marathon, where we are the Kenya of Europe and we end up having someone close to the medals all the time.

As long as Mutola gets another medal, I'll be happy.

Well, I want Wariner to win but that's a lock unless his competitors run less 50m than him! :p

1 - 20 of 1024 Posts