Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Includes any grape based drink you indulge in, port :)hearts:), Madeira, sherry, champagne etcs

I see the beer thread is going well, was wondering if anyone was a fan of wine? Judging from the demographic here its probably a long shot. For me it is the GOAT drink, nothing gets close aside from perhaps a glass of coke with ice and lime on a stiflingly hot day.

Became a member of the Wine Society a year ago and have got into it, planning to do a WSET level 2 course at some point this summer. Enjoy Port, Sauternes and Burgundian whites (boring, I know) but trying to expand my horizons.

Any recommendations etcs?

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
6,614 Posts
Hunter Valley wineries are right nearby to where I live.
More renowned for Shiraz, but prefer Cabernet Merlot varieties.
This one's alright for a mid-range price:

Otherwise Yellowtail from the Riverina area:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Another wine drinker. I enjoy both beer and wine a lot. Hardly goes a day without a bottle of beer or a glass of wine.

Don't drink spirits and hard liquor though. Beer and Wine are much more enjoyable to me.

Otherwise Yellowtail from the Riverina area:

Yellowtail is very popular here in Canada, but I don't like it too much. There are much better Australian wines IMO.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I spent some time in South Africa several years back and had some really good wines there. Liked their Shirazes the best. Two that I still remember. Both outstanding:

Reactions: TigerTim

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot about this.

Floki - agreed, South Africa is underated, some really nice sweet wine if you find it, Vin De Constance. Stellenbosch is quality, lovely Bordeaux blends too.

In between jobs managed to do a WSET Level 3 wine course which qualifies me as a full on bore. Now spend too much money on wine.

Got some crackers this Christmas day. Chateau Montrose 1996, Taylor's Port 1985 and a vintage fizz washed down by a 96 Vouvray.

Will no doubt be trashed tonight, happy holidays everyone

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Forgot about this.

Floki - agreed, South Africa is underated, some really nice sweet wine if you find it, Vin De Constance. Stellenbosch is quality, lovely Bordeaux blends too.

In between jobs managed to do a WSET Level 3 wine course which qualifies me as a full on bore. Now spend too much money on wine.

Got some crackers this Christmas day. Chateau Montrose 1996, Taylor's Port 1985 and a vintage fizz washed down by a 96 Vouvray.

Will no doubt be trashed tonight, happy holidays everyone
Whoa, that is some serious stuff...

I have a hard time to justify spending $150+ for a bottle of wine. I usually stay around $20. Sometimes I treat myself with up to $40-50 bottle, but I don't go for more than that.

Tonight I had a nice bottle of Barolo Batasiolo 2012. Pretty good for a $35 wine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts