Mens Tennis Forums banner

941 - 952 of 952 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #941
Re: The "Well, Serving at 34% is OK if you beat Roger" 2008 Cheering Thread (Fall)!

Serving 35% was WHY he could win. Obviously it's when he gets over 40% that he has trouble :silly:

·
rainha (:
6,417 Posts
Re: The "Well, Serving at 34% is OK if you beat Roger" 2008 Cheering Thread (Fall)!

:eek:How could I forget ;)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

Mardy, 35% is also dangerous, serve 15 % and you will win Basel easily :lol:

·
Registered
697 Posts

Mardy lost :eek:

But I just got home, and I'm flipping through my new Tennis Mag... and there's a 2 page article on him! It made me :D

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #945

He had 3-0, and 5-3 in the 1st set TB.......

·
Registered
697 Posts

he had set point in the TB too, because that was the only point that i saw haha

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hello everyone:wavey: I've been lurking here for awhile and just decided to join up. My friend told me that Mardy isn't playing in Paris but I haven't been able to find anything about it, does anyone know if thats true?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

He withdrew, although don`t know the reason of it.

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #950

oh dear.... well guess that means his 2008 season's officially over. lots of highs and lows personally and professionally. Hope he has a good off-season and comes out strong down under :D

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

So, it`s time to sum up this great season :)
Singles.
Australian start: Starts season quiet well, winning Hopman Cup and reaching R3 in Melbourne (l. to Niemenen)
American Hard court winter/spring: starts ok, having 5-3 record in first 3 tournaments, always losing to his friends Roddick and Ginepri. Despite doing ok, he is almost outside of top 100. But then it`s a great breakthrough in Indian Wells MS where he beats Mayer, Andreev, Davydenko, Nalbandian, Hewitt and Federer to reach final losing in 3 sets to Djokovic. Never in doubt, Mardy gets tired and plays like a crap in Miami losing to Clement in R1.
Clay Court spring: does unexpected well picking wins over Calleri in RG, Llodra in Rome, Schuettler and Armando in Houston.
Grass court mugginess: reaches R3 in Queens Club losing to Roddick and then loses in R1 in Wimby and Newport (l. to Gasuet and Armitraj)
American hard outdoor summer: R1 exits in both MS and Wasington, SF in Los Angeles (l.to Del Potro), F in New Heaven (l. to Cilic) and after all it`s incredible run in New York with wins over Mathieu, Blake and Monfils, taking set of Nadal
Indoor short season: Getting married and then losing in R2 in Madrid and Basel.
Doubles highlights: W: Newport(w/Isner) SF: ATP Masters Series Hamburg(w/Blake), Delray Beach(w/Knowles) QF: ATP Masters Series Cincinatti (w/Isner)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

Looking forward to 2009!!!

941 - 952 of 952 Posts