Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's such a global message forum, with people literally everywhere I thought it would be interesting when stuff goes down, well, share it. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not talking about, hey, it's really nice outside I might go down to the beach. this is for BAD weather. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will start

I'm in Minnesota, it's December and currently getting a massive blizzard beatdown, not only did it accelerate and develop super rapidly (it was supposed to be "some snow") now it's zero meter visibility, gale force winds and on top of that, it'll hit the negative degrees later tomorrow! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️

My current view. 🤦‍♂️

·
9,496 Posts
The picnic table has really stood tall during the situation. Seems completely unscaved.

Nice thread idea. Serious tempature drop. I wont have much to offer here so will just read. We never go higher than 28 or lower than -2. We get no real storms or anything.

Reactions: Matthieu

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The picnic table has really stood tall during the situation. Seems completely unscaved.

Nice thread idea. Serious tempature drop. I wont have much to offer here so will just read. We never go higher than 28 or lower than -2. We get no real storms or anything.
You guys get some pretty brutal coastal storms off the Atlantic though, flooding and what not, if i am not mistaken.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: The picnic table is legendary, perhaps iconic, a lot of relationships were founded there. This building of young professionals actually can be a bit of a hot spot... pre-covid.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

before people tell me "why didn't you help her!?" I was about too (to tell her to get back inside, idiot!) and two other guys were already down there. special caveat she shouldn't be driving in a god damn once a year blizzard and not in that weird little hatchback.

If there is a winter blizzard warning in force, and you can't even get out of your own parking lot, you probably should not go on the open roads. I won't be shocked when i find out her car ended up ditched, or worse, hurt somebody else.

🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE - just went out and helped someone into their parking spot.

It's only a couple of hundred feet, but the way the parking lot is set up, and how fierce the wind is (west to east) the snowfall on the left-hand side is like 1 inch and the right is reaching 10.

🙄🙄🙄

·
Registered
17,890 Posts
Thanks for this thread idea.

The funny thing regarding so-called "global warming" and climate change, that it is not evenly distributed. It meant for Europe generally warmer weather (also for Australia), but North America has been suffering under heavy temperature drops and a never seen snowing in recent years... now these things combined don't really add up to a "climate change", as it is not warming all places evenly. It will be more of a planetary change, once completed... and it will be ugly by then.
So science continues to tap in the dark for this subject which is understandable, but not re-assuring the least.

Here in Hungary summers have been unbearably hot in late July–all August in last years, and winters have commonly never been milder than this. Practically no snow (which used to fall from mid Dec-mid Feb even 15-20-25 years ago) and sometimes spring weather in temperatures. Just like today on Christmas Eve. :oops:

Reactions: yellow grass

·
9,496 Posts
You guys get some pretty brutal coastal storms off the Atlantic though, flooding and what not, if i am not mistaken.
A little bit maybe ye.
I just saw this.... The Asatru Folk Assembly operates openly to exclude anyone but white people.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,288 Posts
Thanks for this thread idea.

The funny thing regarding so-called "global warming" and climate change, that it is not evenly distributed. It meant for Europe generally warmer weather (also for Australia), but North America has been suffering under heavy temperature drops and a never seen snowing in recent years... now these things combined don't really add up to a "climate change", as it is not warming all places evenly. It will be more of a planetary change, once completed... and it will be ugly by then.
So science continues to tap in the dark for this subject which is understandable, but not re-assuring the least.

Here in Hungary summers have been unbearably hot in late July–all August in last years, and winters have commonly never been milder than this. Practically no snow (which used to fall from mid Dec-mid Feb even 15-20-25 years ago) and sometimes spring weather in temperatures. Just like today on Christmas Eve. :oops:
That might consistent with the differential flow of currents in the Atlantic.

As an example, the El Nino and La Nina effects are thought to give rise to very different conditions in the Australian eastern coast and the South American West coast across the Pacific.

"Global warming" so to speak is a bit of a misnomer because the process is more complicated than as suggested. Global warming being the endpoint, not the course. What is shown to be occurring by observation is that there will likely be more extreme weather events of greater severity and frequency. As to the North American cooling, what this means is likely cooler water currents from the Arctic are being carried downstream. These waters flow towards the American side first before being redirected to the European continent. So in essence the colder conditions for North America are a result of Arctic polar ice melting into the traditionally warmer Atlantic.

·
54,288 Posts
View attachment 359904

before people tell me "why didn't you help her!?" I was about too (to tell her to get back inside, idiot!) and two other guys were already down there. special caveat she shouldn't be driving in a god damn once a year blizzard and not in that weird little hatchback.

If there is a winter blizzard warning in force, and you can't even get out of your own parking lot, you probably should not go on the open roads. I won't be shocked when i find out her car ended up ditched, or worse, hurt somebody else.

🤷‍♂️
I'm never in danger of a blizzard as it never snows in temperate Sydney. But you guys already know about our worst bushfire season in a while. Some places in metropolitan Sydney registered 45-47 degrees celsius the past January. Fire is not the only concern. Often these will be interpolated with floods, sometimes side by side or simultaneously depending on where you are. After the bushfires were more of less brought to manageable condition, with very dry drought conditions for several months, we then had one whole week of pouring rain, some of the wettest days ever recorded in Sydney. This video might 'amuse' you...

These floods are not nice either.

Here's a timelapse of the rising waters in suburban Sydney, literally 15 minutes away from where I live (2015). Have had to clean out the basement more than once because of heavy storms.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Some of you guys act like Ice ages never occur in regular intervals here. Instead you politicize it with jingoistic terms like “global warming” and “ anthropogenic climate change”, these broad terms SHOULD clue you in... but nope. In other words the ruling elite are aware of the impending ice age and are pulling an ancient eclipse prediction trick on you rubes and the new priest class who wear white lab coats instead of white robes will provide the mythology. I can’t believe people still fall for this.

·
6,600 Posts
I'm never in danger of a blizzard as it never snows in temperate Sydney. But you guys already know about our worst bushfire season in a while. Some places in metropolitan Sydney registered 45-47 degrees celsius the past January. Fire is not the only concern. Often these will be interpolated with floods, sometimes side by side or simultaneously depending on where you are. After the bushfires were more of less brought to manageable condition, with very dry drought conditions for several months, we then had one whole week of pouring rain, some of the wettest days ever recorded in Sydney. This video might 'amuse' you...

These floods are not nice either.

View attachment 359915
Here's a timelapse of the rising waters in suburban Sydney, literally 15 minutes away from where I live (2015). Have had to clean out the basement more than once because of heavy storms.

Bloody hell.
Sharks at the bottom of the escalator waiting for you!

·
54,288 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts