Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
4. Murray until he finally does something in a slam final .. yes you can add him. Until he proves otherwise anyways
5. Ferrer
6. Soderling?? Hasn't done much outside of clay
7. Monfils (pretty solid year but still slam wise issues, No masters titles? Huh?)
8. Fish (what is he 30 years old? and playing his best tennis in this era?)
9. Berdych (Too bad about the shoulder but he is talented)
10. Almagro (what the hell is this guy doing in the top 10?)

Is this the ugliest looking top 10 in years maybe EVER or what?

·
Registered
29,237 Posts
SetSampras campaigning as usual.

Reactions: Seingeist

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Soderling and Murray had done so many things to be there.
They have slams finals and so many masters titles (Soderling just one, but he beat Nadal in RG, no more to say).
Deserved.

The other ones... I know Berdych is so talented but he's not a consistent top 10, say whatever you want, he's NOT.
Monfils... Come on! Not even a Masters title?!
Almagro. He can be a monster on clay, but until he doesn't win a M1000 event, it's not deserved.
Poor Fish, so many Masters finals and all 4 loses.
He even lost in the Olympic final, i'm sorry for him.

I think Ferrer is a great clay player (behind Nadal, Djokovic and Federer the great number 4), and a good hardcourt player. ATM he's a deserved top 10, because his rivals are just sh*t

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Murray is a pretty good player for no 4.

For the rest of them I guess only Soderling and Ferrer are definitive pretty solid top 10

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
It is a weak era but any era defined by Crackassi and Clownpras isn't much better :wavey:

3,728 Posts
strongest 123?

i dont know- sampras, agassi, muster would give them a run for their money

also- 1995 was peak year for all three of them unlike now with federer on 1 leg, nadal without knees, and nole retiring when he loses

the 4-10 positions are incredibly weak

Reactions: BigJohn

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I'm assuming setsampras was expecting that the top 8-10 would be flawless in most aspects of their game lol.

Well, I truly hope there will be a day where the top 10 will be as talented as our top 3. That would make some amazing competition. We wouldn't know who would win or who would lose!

·
Registered
320 Posts
1 Federer, Roger (SUI) 6,525 0 21
2 Roddick, Andy (USA) 3,655 0 22
3 Hewitt, Lleyton (AUS) 3,590 0 21
4 Safin, Marat (RUS) 3,060 0 24
5 Moya, Carlos (ESP) 2,520 0 23
6 Coria, Guillermo (ARG) 2,400 0 19
7 Henman, Tim (GBR) 2,360 0 19
8 Agassi, Andre (USA) 2,100 0 19
9 Nalbandian, David (ARG) 1,945 0 19
10 Gaudio, Gaston (ARG) 1,920 0 25

Guess that was a strong era, given that there was 7 Slam winners and 9 slam finalists.

Oh wait, you called it crap as well.

Everyone in this era is going to have backloaded achievements.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You've got 2 of the greatest players to ever live playing in this era so of course everyone will look weak. If fedal weren't so strong you'd have dozen different GS winners by now.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You've got 2 of the greatest players to ever live playing in this era so of course everyone will look weak. If fedal weren't so strong you'd have dozen different GS winners by now.
this is the answer for all questions in here :worship::worship:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm just slightly confused here.

Hypothesis: You are as confused as I am here.

Are era's compared based on just the top 2-3 players or on the whole? Because then, if you call this the weakest 5-10/4-10 it means that Federer's era was better (even if marginally so) and NOT the weakest as you claim in every single thread.

So by simple logic, the players ranked 10+ would be weaker as well and make this the weakest era ever.

Conclusion?

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
4. Murray until he finally does something in a slam final .. yes you can add him. Until he proves otherwise anyways
5. Ferrer
7. Monfils (pretty solid year but still slam wise issues, No masters titles? Huh?)

Nah, it's just too strong Top 3. If these three guys weren't there, all these other guys would be winning everything. So, actually you should blame the top 4 for being too strong (I include Murray).

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
5. Ferrer

Do you really believe that over the period 1990 to 2010 the level has significantly altered and in your view it appears declined. I accept that some years have been weaker and others stronger, but overall any variations are small. Yes in some years the top 10 has been stronger while in other years the top 100 may have been stronger.

On that basis I do feel comparing total grand slams won by Sampras, Federer, Nadal and Djokovic according to the number they have won to be fair and balanced. Obviously you are very distressed that Federer by winning 16 has clearer eclipsed Sampras and that Nadal on 10 could eclipse Sampras (Djokovic is probably not good enough to match the achievements of the other 3 and probably will no threaten the Sampras total although time may prove me wrong), but you seem to have a continual need to denigrate the current field of tennis players and emphasis how much better they were in earlier eras.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts