Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So that grid of "live" fan faces, supposedly reacting: LOL!!! Who are they and what are they reacting to? They look like random selfies from god knows where. They don't even look like tennis fans though maybe they are. It really is absurd, and rather than making things seem more real, makes it look kind of desperate.

Then the canned crowd noise/applause. Were they trying to approximate the obnoxious US Open fans? Because they have applause after player's errors! Sometimes fans do this, but it's always fans of one player and it's usually just a few fans, but here, it sounds like the rest of the applause. Big boo boo! Commies last night called the applause "random." It was worse than that.

I think the idea of crowd noise is a good one, they should have people shouting out when the server's about to serve, and the ump, telling them to be quiet. Just kidding.
But i do think the idea of crowd reactions with applause or other vocalizations is good, but they didn't do a very good job of it. It does make it seem a little more alive, when it's done right.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are on a live feed and at least some of them are friends and family of the players. For instance in Djokovic's last match one of them was his coach Vajda.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts