Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking forward to the US Open with great excitement. I look forward to the Open each year as it's my favorite sporting event. Biased, as this may seem, and probably is, I consider the US Open to be the best GS out of the 4. I've been to Wimbledon and it was a wonderful time. But, there is an electic buzz and excitement that surrounds the US Open which I didn't experience at Wimbledon. I especially love the evening sessions. I love coming from work, heading over to the center, slouching back in my chair with a drink and some dinner, chatting with friends, and watching long, long, long 5 setter matches:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was during one of those late evening sessions that I first saw Roger play live. I said to my friend, who was with me, that Roger was going to, one day, be no. 1. She laughed at me and said she didn't think he had what it took to become no. 1. Instead she pegged Marat as the next Sampras. Well, with great delight, I remind her of that conversation at each and every opportunity :haha: :haha:

The debate of late seems to be: Woods or Federer, who is more dominant? Everyone has an opinion. So far, among my friends, it's split. Some say Tiger, others say Roger. I, actually, don't have an opinion as yet. I think it's wonderful that this subject is even being debated. It's an honor to each guy.......... Today, I listened as ESPN's sportscenter debated the question. Interestingly, each guy is halfway toward breaking an important record that seemed an impossible feat. Tiger heading towards Nickelson's record and Roger towards Sampras' record. I may never have an opinion on who is more dominant. I'll probably just find the achievements of both guys to be remarkable.

G

·
0 Posts
It is difficult enough comparing men's and women's tennis so comparing tennis and golf is impossible.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Roger all the way! :angel:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Agree with DrJules! This are abs different games! But golf I guess is just even less predictable! :D

Roger is a phenomen!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts