Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why the no. 3 seed should be facing the no.1 seed, i know its a draw but it seems to me that it was drawn to favour the US playeres ie. Roddick. I think it should be no.1 seed vs no. 4 seed in the semi-final. It looks like Hewitt gets the bad draw with no.5 seed Safin in his quarter. Hmmmm. Seems very suspect this US draw.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
i_tan7 said:
I don't understand why the no. 3 seed should be facing the no.1 seed, i know its a draw but it seems to me that it was drawn to favour the US playeres ie. Roddick. I think it should be no.1 seed vs no. 4 seed in the semi-final. It looks like Hewitt gets the bad draw with no.5 seed Safin in his quarter. Hmmmm. Seems very suspect this US draw.
:worship: :worship:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I know...totally. Those damn Americans, they get all the luck.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Let me rephrase the argument so as to make it impersonal:

You suspect that a coin is not fair, (that is, it is not equally likely to show heads and tails when flipped) and, in particular, you suspect that it always turns heads. You toss the coin once and it turns heads. You conclude that the coin is not fair.

Would you ever agree with this conclusion?

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
star said:
This thread had to happen. :lol: :lol:
Did something like this appear on this board on other occasions?

·
F***ing have it
17,627 Posts
:yawn:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Merton said:
Let me rephrase the argument so as to make it impersonal:

You suspect that a coin is not fair, (that is, it is not equally likely to show heads and tails when flipped) and, in particular, you suspect that it always turns heads. You toss the coin once and it turns heads. You conclude that the coin is not fair.

Would you ever agree with this conclusion?
what coin? and who tossed this coin? where is the evidence that a coin was ever tossed and this draw reflects this supposed coin? was there even ever a coin involved? if so, where is this coin now? The conclusion is, there is no coin involved at all, we've all been told that there was one, but have no irrefutable, concrete proof of it.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
If you've been following tennis for more than a year you'd know that 1 does not necessarily have to play 4! Its completely random whether 1 gets 3 or 4.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
uNIVERSE mAN said:
what coin? and who tossed this coin? where is the evidence that a coin was ever tossed and this draw reflects this supposed coin? was there even ever a coin involved? if so, where is this coin now? The conclusion is, there is no coin involved at all, we've all been told that there was one, but have no irrefutable, concrete proof of it.
The coin is a statistical idealization. We only got one realization of the draw in a public ceremony. Your last sentence says that since the coin turned heads, there is no proof it was not rigged to begin with. Yet, the burden of proof lies with those claiming that the draw was rigged.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
uNIVERSE mAN said:
what coin? and who tossed this coin? where is the evidence that a coin was ever tossed and this draw reflects this supposed coin? was there even ever a coin involved? if so, where is this coin now?
1. a 1978 penny
2. lost
3. yes, well i've found plenty of pennies in New York City especially in subway stations...it could be one of them

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Corrected Q's and A's:
1. a 1978 penny
2. A fat and old guy who has never played tennis in his whole life
3. All evidence is lost
4. yes, well i've found plenty of pennies in New York City especially in subway stations...it could be one of them

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I-tan 7:

If you are surprised by a 1 v.3 2 v. 4 seeding, you clearly have not been following tennis draws for much time.

Of the past forty grand slam tournaments, a 1 v. 3 2 v. 4 seeding has occurred twenty times.

Australian: 2003, 2002, 2000 & 1997.

French: 2003, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1997 & 1996.

Wimbledon: 2005, 2004, 2000, 1999, 1998 & 1997.

U.S.: 2005, 2004, 2003 & 1998.

I don't think your conspiracy theory holds water in light of the historical facts.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Yes, the US Open draw is totally rigged! Every other tennis tournament in the history of the world has arranged the draw so that the Semi-finals are #1 vs. #4 and then #2 vs. #3. It's amazing how the USTA can flout the international tennis regulations so brazenly without international condemnation! It must be all the nuclear weapons in the US that keep the rest of the tennis world from protesting too much. If Andy Roddick wins the US Open, his victory will be so tainted as to be undeserved! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Here are some pictures that a spy took of the clandestine cheating that took place when the draw was made. Zimbabwean United Nations guide Elenora Chikuhwa is actually an American secret agent! Bush sent her to rig the draw.

P.S. Why didn't you write about Wimbledon being rigged this year when seeds #1 and #3 were scheduled for the Semi's? I suppose poor Tony Blair was again forced into doing Bush's bidding so it didn't count? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Thanks for making me lol @ a public internet kiosk. That was almost as awesome as the payphone beside my head continually ringing.

Should I answer?

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Winston's Human said:
I-tan 7:

If you are surprised by a 1 v.3 2 v. 4 seeding, you clearly have not been following tennis draws for much time.

Of the past forty grand slam tournaments, a 1 v. 3 2 v. 4 seeding has occurred twenty times.

Australian: 2003, 2002, 2000 & 1997.

French: 2003, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1997 & 1996.

Wimbledon: 2005, 2004, 2000, 1999, 1998 & 1997.

U.S.: 2005, 2004, 2003 & 1998.

I don't think your conspiracy theory holds water in light of the historical facts.
Please don't ever bring facts into this discussion.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Of course, it is. They even did not have to come up with the draw, they borrowed it from Wimbledon. ;) Just have a look at the top quarter. Federer had the same players at Wimbledon- Minar, Kiefer, Ferrero, Gonzalez. :eek:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts