Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The players were spoken to together and were told there might be rain. They both agreed to suspend the match. That is from the Thiem camp, as reported by Jim Courier. Fake news is everywhere these days. It would have been strange to see Djoker walk.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Not exactly what Llodra just said on TV, and he has spoken with Forget.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
As mentioned above, Llodra spoke with Forget and reported facts. Case closed.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Not exactly what Llodra just said on TV, and he has spoken with Forget.
Forget, the same person who said that room 2 wasnt empty when it was. They are covering their asses and saying anything ti save face.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
As mentioned above, Llodra spoke with Forget and reported facts. Case closed.
Cause the french officials arent known for covering for themselves and throwing other players. If it came from the thiem camp thats a more reliable source. That tournament officials who covers their asses.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
The players were spoken to together and were told there might be rain. They both agreed to suspend the match. That is from the Thiem camp, as reported by Jim Courier. Fake news is everywhere these days. It would have been strange to see Djoker walk.
I refuse to believe it!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Cause the french officials arent known for covering for themselves and throwing other players. If it came from the thiem camp thats a more reliable source. That tournament officials who covers their asses.
I'm not sure what you mean here. I've been on Forget's ass since this started.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
I can imagine that Djokovic left before that decision is made.

But why woud Forget "allow" Llodra to say this publicly? Or why would he tell him in the first place...

·
Registered
327 Posts
https://www.tennisnet.com/news/dominic-thiem-vor-halbfinal-entscheidung-fuer-abbruch-ist-das-turnier-verantwortlich

According to this source, Thiem himself said that the tournament organizers made the decision. Rough English translation: "Break in the third set. I'll have a small advantage going into the match. [...] I never played with that much wind. The tournament is responsible for the delay, both players have to live with that."

People are still throwing different statements around, so I figured I'd add one from one of the players. We can assume that the tournament organizers are to blame here. Sure, they probably had Djokovic's camp in mind when they made that decision, but so far there's no evidence of him influencing them directly. That doesn't excuse his behaviour during the match of course.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I can imagine that Djokovic left before that decision is made.

But why woud Forget "allow" Llodra to say this publicly? Or why would he tell him in the first place...
Cause the truth would come out eventually and Forget has had enough issues to deal with this fortnight.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
https://www.tennisnet.com/news/dominic-thiem-vor-halbfinal-entscheidung-fuer-abbruch-ist-das-turnier-verantwortlich

According to this source, Thiem himself said that the tournament organizers made the decision. Rough English translation: "Break in the third set. I'll have a small advantage going into the match. [...] I never played with that much wind. The tournament is responsible for the delay, both players have to live with that."

People are still throwing different statements around, so I figured I'd add one from one of the players. We can assume that the tournament organizers are to blame here. Sure, they probably had Djokovic's camp in mind when they made that decision, but so far there's no evidence of him influencing them directly. That doesn't excuse his behaviour during the match of course.
Since this isn't in the opening post, very few would read this. But this is big news.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
people are still throwing different statements around, so I figured I'd add one from one of the players. We can assume that the tournament organizers are to blame here. Sure, they probably had Djokovic's camp in mind when they made that decision, but so far there's no evidence of him influencing them directly. That doesn't excuse his behaviour during the match of course.

I missed a lot of the match. What behavior from Djok is the poster referring to? Walking off the court before the ump called it for rain? Or was there something else?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts