·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Both cabbage and cauliflower are good to eat,
With or without the addition of meat.
Both can be eaten cooked or raw,
But should never be cooked too much,
Which makes them nutritionally poor.
I'll have cauliflower cheese or red cabbage, please.

Emmental or Cheddar cheese?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Cheddar cheese (I know it's a completely overprocessed sterile food and Emmental is much more natural but Cheddar still meets my taste better. I'm actually a Gouda freak).

Mulled wine (Glühwein, Glögg, ...) or Champagne?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Cheddar cheese (I know it's a completely overprocessed sterile food and Emmental is much more natural but Cheddar still meets my taste better. I'm actually a Gouda freak).
Ah, but proper cheddar is something else entirely:

Christopher Millns, director of the Weald Smokery, on the Kent-East Sussex border and a judge at November's World Cheese Awards, sells a blinding Isle of Mull cheddar and reckons we need to be much more careful about what we call cheddar.

"There are so many mass-produced cheddars made in factories and there is a vast difference between these and proper farmhouse cheddar," he says. "A traditional cheddar is pressed under muslin and needs to crumble if matured properly. If made from unpasteurised milk, it will have a fuller flavour. The problem today is any bog-standard block cheese is automatically labelled cheddar, made with milk which comes from all over the place. Have supplements been added to enhance milk production, or are the cattle fed a poor diet? With traditional farmhouse producers, chances are the milk will come from their own dairy herds, which have grazed on their own pastures, resulting in a seasonal change in flavours according to what they're eating. All this really matters.

"Why can't we be more protective of our traditional cheddars? Get rid of the supermarket image and call all the mediocre stuff 'cheddar-style'?"
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-great-cheddar-swindle-how-to-spot-a-quality-cheese-from-a-mass-produced-one-8217247.html

Mulled wine (Glühwein, Glögg, ...) or Champagne?
It depends on the occasion, but, here in Finland, glögi is a popular Christmas drink, so I'll go with that.

Fruit cake or Gingerbread?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
@Ranne, one reason why I love farmers market and getting to taste and buy local cheese. I love real crumbly cheddar cheese

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
That's a tricky one, but Grant and Bergman have a magic about them that you won't find today, so Notorious it is.

On the same theme, which is better, Rear Window or Vertigo?

·
Registered
97 Posts
“Rear Window” for me for only two reasons: Grace Kelly as a doting gf and Raymond Burr as a bad guy.

Hitchcock supporting actors turned TV icons:

Angela Lansbury (maid in “Gaslight”, Jessica Fletcher “Murder She Wrote”)

or

Raymond Burr (murdering neighbor in “Rear Window”, titular lawyer in “Perry Mason”)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
The 1944 version of Gaslight was directed by George Cukor, not Hitchcock, but I'll choose Angela Lansbury, anyway.

Thrillers or Comedies?

·
Registered
97 Posts
The 1944 version of Gaslight was directed by George Cukor, not Hitchcock, but I'll choose Angela Lansbury, anyway.

Thrillers or Comedies?
Good catch there! Should have stuck with my more obscure Hitchcock question about the better “Mother” role for character actress Jessie Royce Landis...Grace Kelly’s in “To Catch A Thief” or Cary Grant’s in “NXNW”.

Comedies but with an element of intrigue, aka Coen comedies

“Intolerable Cruelty”

or

“The Ladykillers”

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
It depends: many films are based on books, most of which I will never read, but if I have already read the book, I'd probably prefer that, or simply avoid the film altogether; occasionally, however, the film is better than the book.

Films with the emphasis on the

Dialogue or Images?

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I have almonds more regularly so I will have to go that way, how to pronounce the word almond would be great for this game if it wasn't text-based :lol:

Dancing or singing?

4121 - 4140 of 4148 Posts