1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
Here is a list of ten greatest men's tennis players of all time according to Sam Pierce of 'Givemesport'.

Federer, Nadal, Djokovic: 10 greatest male tennis players of all time ranked (givemesport.com)

According to this list, the top ten players are

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Federer
4. Laver
5. Sampras
6. Borg
7. Lendl
8. Connors
9. McEnroe
10. Agassi and Rosewall

Actually there are eleven players. Click on the link to know why they have been ranked at their respective places.
Borg, Lendl, Connors, and McEnroe can be greater than Rosewall just in a parallel universe.

Laver 19/20 majors, 31/32 finals.

Rosewall 23 majors, 35/36 finals, 7:6 vs Laver at majors.

·
Premium Member
15,895 Posts
This guy is only repeating this list:

He mentions it in the beginning. There's a little more info/reasoning in the original article.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
not a bad list, Rosewall should be higher and the dominance of Tilden in an age when US Championships and Wimbledon were the two big ones alongside Davis Cup should mean he appears on the list too, instead of McEnroe/Agassi. Gonzalez too due to his dominance in Pro Tour years.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
These threads belong somewhere else. You guys know it, but somehow GM still gets flooded with the same stuff.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Is this a new competition about how many arbitrary goat lists one can create every day? God this is getting obnoxious. I’m usually all for big-3-tard-wars but this is just the same shit over and over again…

I have an idea. Let’s ask every player in the top 100 about their opinion on the 10 best of all time and then we’ll create an individual thread for every different opinion. That’ll be fun

·
Your visions will happen
58,114 Posts
not a bad list, Rosewall should be higher and the dominance of Tilden in an age when US Championships and Wimbledon were the two big ones alongside Davis Cup should mean he appears on the list too, instead of McEnroe/Agassi. Gonzalez too due to his dominance in Pro Tour years.
For me

My list:

1. Laver
2. Djokovic
3. Nadal
4. Federer
5. Gonzales
6. Rosewall
7. Tilden
8. Sampras
9. Budge
10. Wilding
11. Borg
12. Cochet
13. Lendl
14. Connors
15. McEnroe
16. Vines

·
Registered
927 Posts
22 >20. Goatdal. rent-free. This is a new low and getting sad to watch, Nolefam. :facepalm:

·
GOAT Predictor
11,185 Posts
Here is a list of ten greatest men's tennis players of all time according to HowTheyPlay.

Federer, Nadal, Djokovic: 10 greatest male tennis players of all time ranked (givemesport.com)

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Federer
4. Laver
5. Sampras
6. Borg
7. Lendl
8. Connors
9. McEnroe
10. Agassi and Rosewall

Actually there are eleven players. Click on the link to know why they have been ranked at their respective places.
Four laughable things about this list:

1. Djokovic at No.1. :ROFLMAO:
2. Sampras as high as No. 5:ROFLMAO:
3. Agassi being as low as 10 :ROFLMAO:
4. No Murray :ROFLMAO:

Whoever made that list is clueless.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Four laughable things about this list:

1. Djokovic at No.1. :ROFLMAO:
2. Sampras as high as No. 5:ROFLMAO:
3. Agassi being as low as 10 :ROFLMAO:
4. No Murray :ROFLMAO:

Whoever made that list is clueless.
Here is a list of ten greatest men's tennis players of all time according to HowTheyPlay.

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Federer
4. Laver
5. Sampras
6. Borg
7. Lendl
8. Connors
9. McEnroe
10. Agassi and Rosewall

What codswallop.......not compiled by anyone who understands tennis. Why don't we just rename MTF, "Never Ending Partisan GOAT Debate?" It's getting really, really boring....

·
Registered
445 Posts
From the article, about Federer: "Now in his 40s, he can still compete at the very top of the game. Injuries are hampering him at the moment, but you’d be a fool to back against him adding to his 20 Grand Slams."

Does that strike anybody else as overly optimistic? I mean, it would be amazing if Federer had one more strong run in him, but I think it's more likely than not he'll stay at 20.

2,835 Posts
From the article, about Federer: "Now in his 40s, he can still compete at the very top of the game. Injuries are hampering him at the moment, but you’d be a fool to back against him adding to his 20 Grand Slams."

Does that strike anybody else as overly optimistic? I mean, it would be amazing if Federer had one more strong run in him, but I think it's more likely than not he'll stay at 20.
I wish he could win another one but no chance

1 - 20 of 39 Posts