Mens Tennis Forums banner

Scariest In Form Player

• Goderer: "Maestro mode", whipping forehands, serving accurately, and abusing his finite "touch"

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Godal: He has stepped upt to the baseline, the serve is a bomb, and he always finds a monster IOFH

Votes: 61 32.3%
  • 2011Godovic: He is a Mental Giant, sliding like a hockey player, and hitting BHs all day.

Votes: 58 30.7%
  • MultislamGrassray: Wrongfooting, dropshots, BH DTL, stepping up to baseline

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Stanimal: The FH, the Gorgeous OHB, and Serve are not missing

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • DelGOATro: He has set up his FH HOWITZER and is serving like mad

Votes: 35 18.5%
  • STRONGA: The Beast is unleashed! FH, Serve, Volleys are monsters!

Votes: 17 9.0%
  • BallBashDych: The serve is unreturnable and is blasting shots with ease

Votes: 13 6.9%
  • GOATrrer: Running and not getting tired, abuses angels

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • "2 week God Mode" Fog: The lazy Italian hits a lot of winners

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • "2 Week" GOATpolov: FH, BH, Serve, slap winners

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Other: Please Explain

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is all from opinion, but which of these in form players is the scariest to see on the other side of the net?

I'm talking from the perspective of actual players, spectators, coaches, etc.

Choose your option and explain.

If other, do say who.

·
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I voted for Goderer for obvious reasons.
Also GOATdal just for the FH alone.
DelGOATro for big FH.
And a Fog who gives F***, we know he would be the only player to save us from the Evil Meatball Aliens

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Anyone who doesn't vote for Federer or Djokovic is lying. Their peaks are insane. Followed by Stronga of course. Peak Nadal doesn't exist, he wins when his opponents play bad.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Is this a lame attempt to get some Fed love?

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
You really need to add Playstadenko

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,190 Posts
DelGOATro is more scary imo - blasting FHs and super solid on the baseline. Federer you just watch it with awe and appraisal even if you're the one on the other side of the net.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Not if you have poison slices as an ability and are willing to slice it deep until he offers you something short.

(So my son tells me...)
Nice advice, my victory over him at the US Open remains my greatest Top Spin achievement, only for me to choke against Federer in the final after having 2 match points! :eek:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Nice advice, my victory over him at the US Open remains my greatest Top Spin achievement, only for me to choke against Federer in the final after having 2 match points! :eek:
Federer is easy to beat if you hit it with power all the time from side to side. He lacks pace... (again, according to my son.)

OT, Federer fans will probably say Federer, Nadal fans, Nadal. And no one else really exists on MTF.

So I'll say...McEnroe. On grass.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Federer is easy to beat if you hit it with power all the time from side to side. He lacks pace... (again, according to my son.)

OT, Federer fans will probably say Federer, Nadal fans, Nadal. And no one else really exists on MTF.

So I'll say...McEnroe. On grass.
Fedrer is a joke on TS4, serve sucks and he can do nothing with the BH apart from being slow. Murray is strong when you play vs the CPU, a bit useless in good human player vs good human player format, the best all-around player is Agassi - awesome return and amazing off both wings.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
definitely prime Federer

people melted under pressure and anxiety playing him, he was so good

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Anyone who doesn't vote for Federer or Djokovic is lying. Their peaks are insane. Followed by Stronga of course. Peak Nadal doesn't exist, he wins when his opponents play bad.
the fact that you argue that Tsonga has one of those top 'peaks' of players in the last few generations shows how deluded and dumb you are :facepalm:

an extension of that is also comparing the Djokovic peak to Federer's, but at least that's SOMEHWAT understandable....

·
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is this a lame attempt to get some Fed love?
Just discussing peaks that is all.

IMO Rafa and Fed would be tied for #1 peak.

Both can reach a level beyond the limits of tennis imagination. I mean heck, the shots hit in 2008 Wimby were out of this world, both players gave 200% and showed the capabilities and limitless boundaries of tennis as a modern sport.

I'd even go out on a limb and say that Peak Fed/Rafa >2011Djokovic

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

3-9 and 2-9 vs Nadal, yeah they are very scary. What's the point of being scary if you're turkey vs your main rival. Lol

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Sorry. I've never heard of any of the players in your poll.

·
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 114 Posts