Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
King David played really solid.
Backhand looks amazing.
I personally think it was never in doubt, but I see some people here thought Monaco was going to win this match.
I'm really happy. I'm SURE Dave has still fire on his heart and can return to top 10.
A man can dream.

Also this:

·
Registered
21,640 Posts
GOATbandian is obviously planning to peak in his thirties.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Buenos Aires R2: Nalbandian def. Monaco 6-3 6-1

I have not watched the match but I believe that this must have been the best match of Nalbandian recently :yeah:

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Re: Buenos Aires R2: Nalbandian def. Monaco 6-3 6-1

great start of the match from both players, then Monaco seemed to break down mentally from the end of first set.

Yes it was a great match for Nalbandian, esp on clay, but I don't know comparing to the match against Isner in Melbourne which was very good as well.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Fat Dave stultified Monaco who is definitely too emotional for a very experienced player.

Monaco was very solid in the last three matches he played prior to BA and I supposed he would reach the final stages in Argentina, unfortunately for him Nalbandian is the strongest unseeded player in the tournament and today turned Monaco's solid ground-stroke game into irrelevant one with a smart mixing of the pace.

Free lesson for Pico from the professor Dave.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I... like the commercial. :lol:

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
the start of the match was very disputed, at this moment it definitely was in doubt, I thought it would be a long and great match, but then Monaco collapsed :lol:

some great shots from Nalbandian, esp dropshots

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
no surprises here.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
King David played really solid.
Backhand looks amazing.
I personally think it was never in doubt, but I see some people here thought Monaco was going to win this match.
I'm really happy. I'm SURE Dave has still fire on his heart and can return to top 10.
A man can dream.

Also this:
just saw the video.

pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Fat Dave stultified Monaco who is definitely too emotional for a very experienced player.

Monaco was very solid in the last three matches he played prior to BA and I supposed he would reach the final stages in Argentina, unfortunately for him Nalbandian is the strongest unseeded player in the tournament and today turned Monaco's solid ground-stroke game into irrelevant one with a smart mixing of the pace.

Free lesson for Pico from the professor Dave.
This is why I think David is great to watch (as well as the natural talent).

·
Registered
466 Posts
Go for the title Fit Dave

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
It's not a good day for tennis when David Nalbandian is ranked in the 80s. :( Good job David, get your ranking back!

Also, he's not fat at all! I don't know where this fat Dave meme started but he's actually pretty fit in person.

ETA: Dear god that video is gold. Pure gold.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts