Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very curious to know what the world outside of the USA think of the Obama victory in the Iowa Caucus as well as his possible win of the presidential elections in November. Has your local news covered this subject? If so what are they saying?

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
I'd say from what i hear in my country - no one even knows or cares who he is... as long as Bush's term is coming to an end, he has made America a laughing stock to the rest of the world ... that someone that stupid and incompetant could have served as President (we all know the vote was rigged way back anyway) , and anyone, whoever wins, will be an improvement i guess.

i just laugh at America and what it has become - Bush, Abu Ghraib, Cheney, Rumsfeld

celebs like Hilton, Spears and Lohan who are famous for being total and utter losers.

Cribs, Jessica Simpson, gangsta rap

fake, annoying, obnoxious

anyway, as for whoever is the next president - could be Mickey Mouse and that would be an improvement, but whoever it is .. i dont care if he's black or a She.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you located, Escude? Not in Sarkozy-land, I hope?

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
As a black woman, people aske me all the time who I would prefer: The first black President or the first female President? I can honestly say I would be proud either way. :rocker2: I really can't choose between the two of them. My problem is, I like Huckabee, but I'm afraid a Rebublican would keep us in this war.

When I was younger, I sided with conservatives. I even rooted for Bush in 00 and 04. :eek: . But now, I consider myself an independent. A moderate conservative and a moderate liberal. But I'm just 18 and still finding myself in this world.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Veronique said:
Where are you located, Escude? Not in Sarkozy-land, I hope?
Andy Murray-land (Scotland)

Jerry Seinfeld said:
he lives in Greenland , news travels slow up there.
even you would have done a better job than Bush, and thats saying something. :p

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
When I was younger, I sided with conservatives. I even rooted for Bush in 00 and 04. :eek: . But now, I consider myself an independent. A moderate conservative and a moderate liberal. But I'm just 18 and still finding myself in this world.

when you were younger? :D i forgive you for bush;)many people got lost with bush:eek: but i will never forgive bush and his brutal war- ron paul is a nut but he has me on the war issue although i wouldnt vote for him -too nutty and kind of warped. i doubt the other reps or dems really want to get us out of iraq.
BUT WITH THE ECONOMY COLLAPSING PEOPLE WILL CARE ABOUT THE COST (it makes me furious that so many never cared about the cost of human suffering and death but loss of money bothers them)

my quess we will get an african american (male) before we get a woman

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
when you were younger? :D i forgive you for bush;)many people got lost with bush:eek: but i will never forgive bush and his brutal war- ron paul is a nut but he has me on the war issue although i wouldnt vote for him -too nutty and kind of warped. i doubt the other reps or dems really want to get us out of iraq.
BUT WITH THE ECONOMY COLLAPSING PEOPLE WILL CARE ABOUT THE COST (it makes me furious that so many never cared about the cost of human suffering and death but loss of money bothers them)

my quess we will get an african american (male) before we get a woman
In 2000 and 2004, I was 10 and 14 respectively. I remember liking Bush in 2000 because my mom like him. She said he was cute and she couldn't stand Gore's ugly face. :haha: Oh mom!! :lol:

·
RAVE ON
18,882 Posts
Obama is so not ready for the job - he probably thinks Canada is overseas!

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
People are focusing too much on his skin color and origins. He has the most reasonable policies so far amongst likely candidates.

However Ron Paul has even better policies which would keep America out of the world for some time. He wants a return to old conservative values but his media coverage is being stifled. I hear that he is the favorite Candidate for racist organizations like KKK, neo-nazis etc. hence why there is this media halt to his momentum.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I'm very curious to know what the world outside of the USA think of the Obama victory in the Iowa Caucus as well as his possible win of the presidential elections in November. Has your local news covered this subject? If so what are they saying?
In France, we understand that he was against the Iraq war from the start, so we get the feeling that you start to grab reality there. It took 5 years. Well done.

That said, we'll probably regret Bush a bit, he was an true idiot and a internationally famous comic genius. An example for all the people in the world who wish to punch above their weight.
We will be a bit jealous if Barack is elected as our choice of leader has not exactly been top notch these last 15 years. This Obama seems too good to be true.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
To be honest we don't care so much here in England. As Escude says - whoever gets in has got to be better than Bush - but it hardly warranted more than a couple of lines in my newspaper this morning :shrug: The US elections seem to be interminable - no one here will show any interest until much nearer the time. As for his colour - totally irrelevant to us to be honest. The UK is pretty multi-cultural, and in our eyes what matters is a person's ability to do the job, not their colour. We have many MPs from ethnic minorities and of all colours, and had a female Prime Minister almost 30 years ago :shrug: To us, the issue is if he is the best person for the job (or not) - his colour should not come into it in our eyes at all. I'm just personally a little surprised that in a country with a large African/American population, it has taken so long for a black candidate to emerge :shrug:

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
It's getting a lot of coverage in my newspaper (De Morgen).

Today, we get a picture of Obama's family on the front page and further info on pages 2, 19, 22 and 26 including two pages on Barack Obama's "dream team", a press review of the major US newspapers, an analysis on why Clinton did not do that well in Iowa,...

If you go on the website of De Morgen, they've included a link to a youtube video of Obama Girl.
http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/2001/R...ug-en-toont-zich-strijdbaarder-dan-ooit.dhtml

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
This guy said he will consult with the president of Canada. And he's supposed to be smarter than Bush! O tempora, o mores!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I'll be happy with Obama or Clinton.

All Republicans claim to be mild to lure the swing voters. I remember Bush did the same. Once he was in he started with all the religious-backed BS. Opposing stem cell research, backing the death penalty, refusing to protect homosexual...

The USA needs a Democrat. Enough is enough.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts