Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possible?

I think yes, highly possible. He needs to stay fit. If it means pulling out or tanking matches in the WTF, so be it. He can learn from and not repeat Rafa's mistakes.

Come 2012, Australian Open is his favorite slam. He has a great record over there. If he does it, he has one non-debatable record that clearly surpasses Fed & Rafa.

·
Registered
258 Posts
he could win RG tho.

The 2 players who are totally unpredictable in tennis are Nadal and Djokovic. Every other player you can write off totally. Maybe except Federer.

We CAN predict that those 2 will easily be in the finals of every Grand Slam until the end of 2016, but we can't predict who out of Rafa or Nole will win those Grand-Slam finals. Rafa might turn things around again.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Unlikely, I see a repeat of 2010 for Novak. See? It's easy to downplay a player's future without outright trashing them. Same result of course.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Possible, I have him the favorite in any slam.
Fed's the only one who can stop him anywhere.

But he has to be healthy and somewhat rested.

Djokovic is the first guy who's favored everywhere since.... ??

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
... since the homogenization of the surfaces took place.

Let's face it, Novak plays the same game regardless of the surface; there is no need for transition... there IS no transition.

I fail to see what is weird about someone being favourite on all surfaces, if all surfaces play very similarly and his style of playing is thus effective on all surfaces.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

Let's face it, Novak plays the same game regardless of the surface; there is no need for transition... there IS no transition.

I fail to see what is weird about someone being favourite on all surfaces, if all surfaces play very similarly and his style of playing is thus effective on all surfaces.
You have a point but that's what we have. It's up to the players to adjust.

3,728 Posts
possible

i dont think anyone has a chance against nole at the AO

unless federer turns into super awesome 2005-2006 federer

·
Registered
258 Posts
Possible, I have him the favorite in any slam.
Fed's the only one who can stop him anywhere.

But he has to be healthy and somewhat rested.

No, Nadal is the only guy who can stop him anywhere.

Djoker 2.0 was probably unsustainable.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
5 years ago on MTF: "Federer will surely pick up 20 GS titles!"
2 years ago on MTF: "Nadal will surely pass Federer's GS record and win the Career Golden Slam!"

And now it's Djokovic' turn to get outrages expectations from his fans... one can only wonder, who's next? Murray? (oh, wait... :p)
Be careful with these kind of expectations/predictions. Things change FAST in tennis.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
2 years ago on MTF: "Nadal will surely pass Federer's GS record and win the Career Golden Slam!"

And now it's Djokovic' turn to get outrages expectations from his fans... one can only wonder, who's next? Murray? (oh, wait... :p)
Be careful with these kind of expectations/predictions. Things change FAST in tennis.
you are right and you opinion would hold much more value if you weren't some blind fangirl that loves both Fed and Nadal....

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
you are right and you opinion would hold much more value if you weren't some blind fangirl that loves both Fed and Nadal....
Sure man, I know that fact totally disqualifies me - to Noletards. :spit:
Try again. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

It would be very unlikely Federer will win another 4 slams in his career so that is out the window but he did surpass Sampras' record and that is all that really matters right now. Five years ago most people would say Federer will never win RG but he did. Nadal is certainly capable of winning more slams, seven might be a bit of an ask but he has already got the career golden slam so he is half way there. Djokovic will be the favorite coming into the 2012 AO and if he can come into RG with three slams under his belt he will get the chance at the Grand Slam, something Nadal and Federer have not been able to complete. Out of all the slams you could probably say Clay is the most predictable with Nadal, Djokovic and Federer seemingly the only possible winners for at least another 2 years. Hard and Grass are completely different as we have seen with the likes of Tomic coming up who are only going to get better.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
No, Nadal is the only guy who can stop him anywhere.

Djoker 2.0 was probably unsustainable.
Nadal will win one eventually but Fed has done better this past year as he matches up better than Nadal.

Djokovic doesn't have to sustain his top level, he has a little leeway where he can still win.
It's not his skill that is his biggest concern, it's staying away from injury.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Half a way there but still a long distance
AJDE :rocker2:

·
Banned
50 Posts

:haha::haha::haha:

MEGA FAIL

...since He has the physical abilities that allow him to play that well and thats why his style og playing is so effective on every surface...who have ever got these abilities, noone or only Nadal :wavey: ...or you would have seen Roddick wins clay and Almagro hard court events these days :rolls:

these Crotards are clueless as always, mate you can change your flag on profile how many times you want :)

funny thing that they see every success of Nole as their personal failure and thats why they're always making these kind of lame excuses:)

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
:haha::haha::haha:

MEGA FAIL

...since He has the physical abilities that allow him to play that well and thats why his style og playing is so effective on every surface...who have ever got these abilities, noone or only Nadal :wavey: ...or you would have seen Roddick wins clay and Almagro hard court events these days :rolls:

these Crotards are clueless as always, mate you can change your flag on profile how many times you want :)

funny thing that they see every success of Nole as their personal failure and thats why they're always making these kind of lame excuses:)
great, a new serbian clown on MTF

·
Registered
17,749 Posts
Meh, who knows. He was supposed to win the French but look what happened. Nadal was supposed to win 4 in a row this year and look what happened in Australia: Ferrer took him out in straights.

Nothing written in stone and he could be upset at Australia and win the French, or vice versa.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts