Mens Tennis Forums banner

Are Djokovic/Nadal/Federer/Wawrinka the new big 4 ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Murray's level is higher than either Nadal or Federer at the moment, also Wawrinka, despite playing unbelievably in this tournament, will likely shit the draw for another 6months, though if he turns up for slams like he does then I guess it doens't matter how he fares in the smaller tournaments.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
There is no big anything, theres the big one in Djokovic then a bunch of guys who can beat him on their day but can't consistently win like he can.

Fed aint won a slam in 3 years and Nadal is about to be ranked 10th. Be aswell including Bjorn Borg in your big 4.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
He went infront of Del Potro and Cilic with 2 GS. Now he's on Murray level. :lol:
How so? Murray has a million times more slam finals/semi finals/masters title to his name than Wawrinka does. Though I think Wawrinka is a better big game player.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Neither Nadull nor Federer belong anymore.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of the last 6 slams :

Djokovic : 2
Wawrinka : 2
Cilic : 1
Federer + Murray + Nadal : 1

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
As for the career achievements, the "big 4", if ever existed, remains the same: Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray. Stan, despite I like him, has to add something to his CV to surpass Murray...

As for the actual results or form, Nadal arguably does not belong here. Federer is disputable (I don't want to judge according to RG results only). My opinion is...the best 4 players at this moment are Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka and...most likely Federer.

·
Banned
923 Posts
There's only a Big One these days, and he goes by the name of Stan the Man :worship:

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
At the moment its Novak, Andy and Stan who look like threats at the big tournaments. Fed is finished although Rafa may come back next year.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Um, if you're going to remove one of the four and replace it with Wawrinka that should probably be Nadal rather than Murray, based on the fact that this year Murray has lost out only to Djokovic and is only behind him and Wawrinka in results, while Nadal is flirting with dropping from the top 10... Djokovic, Federer, Murray and Wawrinka are in fact the current top 4, so that should probably have been your argument.

Anyway "the big 4" were just something from a couple of years ago. It didn't mean there would be no new champions - there isn't going to be a constant "big 4" with new players taking the place of old ones.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts