Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think most of MTF would agree that Murray is the more natural tennis player - if you want to call that 'talent', okay - of the two players. Obviously Djokovic became an elite player at a younger age and has been more injury free which helps a lot. But how can we explain that such an obviously superior talent like Murray has achieved less in the sport?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I think most of MTF would agree that Murray is the more natural tennis player - if you want to call that 'talent', okay - of the two players. Obviously Djokovic became an elite player at a younger age and has been more injury free which helps a lot. But how can we explain that such an obviously superior talent like Murray has achieved less in the sport?
As a Dullatard your opinion is mostly irrelevant but I will respond.Murray is not more talented than Djokovic.He has a better touch and slice than Djokovic.That's it.Everything else Djokovic does better.Volley's are included in touch part for Murray.The End

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Murray has better touch and maybe court craft, but there are other aspects of tennis talent as well. Creating pace is one, and there Djokovic is better.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Good Troll attempt but Murray is not in the same ball park as Nole - talent wise - and neither is he a more natural player !

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a Dullatard your opinion is mostly irrelevant but I will respond.Murray is not more talented than Djokovic.He has a better touch and slice than Djokovic.That's it.Everything else Djokovic does better.Volley's are included in touch part for Murray.The End
I'm merely asking the questions that everyone else is scared to. And I'm no more of a Nadal fan than I am a Djokovic fan. :confused:

·
Banned
3,862 Posts
Stopped reading right there.......................

·
Registered
16 Posts
Murrays shortcomings other than a WTA standard second serve, primarily reside between his ears.

Making good decisions under extreme pressure is what separates the very good ( Murray) and the greats ( Federer, Nadal, Sampras ). Im not sure AMs emotional outbursts help him in the way they helped McEnroe.

AM has another 5 years at the top imo and should be able to pick up at least another Wimbledon and one of either the AO or the UO.

Im not sure Id agree with your assessment in the difference in the talent levels of AM and the Djoker.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
I'm merely asking the questions that everyone else is scared to. And I'm no more of a Nadal fan than I am a Djokovic fan. :confused:
Your premise is false, Murray is not "an obviously superior talent". He does some things better than Novak, sure, but also Novak does several things better than Murray :shrug:

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Not as consistent throughout the course of a season (I don't think he ever won 3 tournaments in a row) , mental toughness is a little lower, and he couldn't beat Nadal often enough.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Murray & Djokovic are 2-7 and 3-9 respectively against Nadal in slam meetings!

·
Registered
889 Posts
If Murray is more talented than Djokovic, then he's more talented than Nadal too. Djokovic definitely is more talented than Nadal. So what is the reason for their records being as they are? Well it's quite simple, most ot the game is between the head when you get to this elite level. So skills with the raquet can't compensate for brain farts of epic proportions.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Murray has better touch and maybe court craft, but there are other aspects of tennis talent as well. Creating pace is one, and there Djokovic is better.
Not sure about that, actually. When Murray plays with controlled aggression, he easily hits the ball harder and flatter than Djokovic.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts