Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, the huge question is who from this board is going to the Aus Open? It might be for some people to meet up or just as importantly do everything they can not too meet up.

For those who don't know the qualies are free, as they should be. Usually from the Friday many players turn up and train, so it's a good time to go there and the like.

I'll be there, unless I am in a hospital or dead.

·
Same as it ever was
20,587 Posts
Re: The MTF lineup. Who's going to the AO?

Well, you already know I'll be there - for the qualies and first week at least. Just part of the furniture there now ;)

·
Registered
7,913 Posts

i will once again be gracing the tournament with my presence, though u already knew that...

i'll be there from the qualies until beginning of the second week, unless all my boys lose before that

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts

I'm going to be there for both weeks representing MTF. I might even arrive in Melbourne early enough to catch qualifying next year but that depends if they can get me to leave the greater city Sydney. :lol:

B

·
0 Posts

gravity said:
I'm going to be there for both weeks representing MTF. I might even arrive in Melbourne early enough to catch qualifying next year but that depends if they can get me to leave the greater city Sydney. :lol:
don't you mean if they can get you out of the sydney nightclubs and bars? :lol:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

So far, a good solid lineup and gravity I could be in Sydney or Auckland, it depends on which one is a better draw.

It should be fun and also got to pack your own food I am not playing $ 6 for a sandwich on qualie days.

B

·
0 Posts

GeorgeWHitler said:
So far, a good solid lineup and gravity I could be in Sydney or Auckland, it depends on which one is a better draw.

It should be fun and also got to pack your own food I am not playing $ 6 for a sandwich on qualie days.
but paying through your nose for lunches at AO is all part of the experience :lol:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

bad gambler said:
but paying through your nose for lunches at AO is all part of the experience :lol:
Not during qualies, through the main tournament yes. I have to say one of those rubber hot dogs with things looking like onions helped me a lot actually get over a big night, so I will accept paying whatever it is for rubber hot dogs.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts

GeorgeWHitler said:
:lol: yeah true...that is so ridiculous hey

·
Same as it ever was
20,587 Posts

GeorgeWHitler said:
Not during qualies, through the main tournament yes. I have to say one of those rubber hot dogs with things looking like onions helped me a lot actually get over a big night, so I will accept paying whatever it is for rubber hot dogs.
:lol: Well I actually liked the Bratwurst sausage with onion hotdogs. I think they were about $7. Couldn't afford food every day though! Although if I stay in the city rather than commute from home as I look like doing, I might have to buy food at the venue... oh well as Prabu said, it's all part of the experience :)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts

Yippie, the tournament forum is here! Thanks for starting this thread, George.

I'm planning to be there from the middle Saturday to the end (apart from the last Saturday, i.e. women's final, cough cough).

With regard to food, are there any restrictions on what you can bring in? Is alcohol allowed?

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

jtipson said:
Yippie, the tournament forum is here! Thanks for starting this thread, George.

I'm planning to be there from the middle Saturday to the end (apart from the last Saturday, i.e. women's final, cough cough).

With regard to food, are there any restrictions on what you can bring in? Is alcohol allowed?
As for food you can bring in most things, they do check bags, just have them wrapped up well and it won't be a problem. They are more interested in people sneaking in video cameras.

Alcohol, no it's allowed, but it doesn't stop some people, it's tactical game, if you want to bring it in or not.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts

jtipson said:
as GWH said, they do check bags...but half the ppl in there are drinking alcohol (eg the Swedes) so it must be allowed in...i'm not really sure though as i don't drink alcohol so have never had to worry about that. obviously on heineken day there is plenty, but if you're coming on the middle Sat I think u might miss it.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

~EMiLiTA~ said:
as GWH said, they do check bags...but half the ppl in there are drinking alcohol (eg the Swedes) so it must be allowed in...i'm not really sure though as i don't drink alcohol so have never had to worry about that. obviously on heineken day there is plenty, but if you're coming on the middle Sat I think u might miss it.
Most of the Swedes drink at the Swedish Embassy before they go to the tennis. Also they have enough there and it's acually not allowed in by law.

Like anything there are ways around it.

·
Same as it ever was
20,587 Posts

No alcohol is permitted to be brought into or out of the venue, but there is plenty of Heineken and champagne available inside (although like the food, it's rather pricey of course ;)).

·
Banned
34,169 Posts

GeorgeWHitler said:
Most of the Swedes drink at the Swedish Embassy before they go to the tennis. Also they have enough there and it's acually not allowed in by law.

Like anything there are ways around it.
I could ride my bike to the Swedish embassy in under 10 minutes.

Perhaps you mean the consulate.

:p

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

its.like.that said:
I could ride my bike to the Swedish embassy in under 10 minutes.

Perhaps you mean the consulate.

:p
The Swedish Embassy in Melbourne is otherwise known as the Young and Jackson pub from 9am onwards during the 1st week of the event.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts